Thread: In love with my new Sig

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar

In love with my new Sig

Picked up my new Sig Sauer 2022 9mm from my favorite FFL (thank you EFI in Inwood WV!)
    Took it to the range today and just wanted to give short review of it.
    I'm...in...love.

I don't know why Sig chose to put out a sweet gun at less than half the price of their popular P226 but I am thrilled.
    I shot about 70 rounds through it today at 15 yards and shot 4-5" groups consistently. The trigger pull is awesome and the feel of the firearm is perfect. It feels like it was made for my hand. When I bought it I thought it would be stepping stone to the 226 but now I'm considering buying another 2022.
    Highly recommended.
    Carry on!
    Last edited by twoskinsonemanns; 06-24-2012 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    I don't know why Sig chose to put out a sweet gun at less than half the price of their popular P226 but I am thrilled.
    Aluminum frame vs polymer frame
    Last edited by SovereignAxe; 06-24-2012 at 09:30 PM. Reason: metals d'oh
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by SovereignAxe View Post
    Aluminum frame vs polymer frame
    $350 difference?
    Talk to the glock people. Polymer frames are boss!

Glad you like your new Sig, but it's always been my opinion that one of the grand advantages of a Sig (like a 1911) is that if you run out of ammo and STILL need to fend off an attacker, the all-metal bulk of their frame makes an excellent substitute for an ASP. Not much chance of being able to deploy a poly-frame firearm in that manner...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 06-24-2012 at 11:37 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Glad you like your new Sig, but it's always been my opinion that one of the grand advantages of a Sig (like a 1911) is that if you run out of ammo and STILL need to fend off an attacker, the all-metal bulk of their frame makes an excellent substitute for an ASP. Not much chance of being able to deploy a poly-frame firearm in that manner...
    HAHA! Yeah I guess if I don't get the job done with two 15 rounds mags I definitely need to start thinking about some more intense training!

I have a Sig P226 E2 version and LOVE this gun! But I've heard so many good things about the SP2022 that I've considered buying one just because. Won't ever get rid of my 226 though, it's my baby.
    watch your top knot !