• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

In love with my new Sig

twoskinsonemanns

Picked up my new Sig Sauer 2022 9mm from my favorite FFL (thank you EFI in Inwood WV!)
Took it to the range today and just wanted to give short review of it.
I'm...in...love.

I don't know why Sig chose to put out a sweet gun at less than half the price of their popular P226 but I am thrilled.
I shot about 70 rounds through it today at 15 yards and shot 4-5" groups consistently. The trigger pull is awesome and the feel of the firearm is perfect. It feels like it was made for my hand. When I bought it I thought it would be stepping stone to the 226 but now I'm considering buying another 2022.
Highly recommended.
Carry on!
sig-sp-2022-nitron-hero.jpg

Last edited:

Dreamer

Glad you like your new Sig, but it's always been my opinion that one of the grand advantages of a Sig (like a 1911) is that if you run out of ammo and STILL need to fend off an attacker, the all-metal bulk of their frame makes an excellent substitute for an ASP. Not much chance of being able to deploy a poly-frame firearm in that manner... ;)

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

Glad you like your new Sig, but it's always been my opinion that one of the grand advantages of a Sig (like a 1911) is that if you run out of ammo and STILL need to fend off an attacker, the all-metal bulk of their frame makes an excellent substitute for an ASP. Not much chance of being able to deploy a poly-frame firearm in that manner... ;)

HAHA! Yeah I guess if I don't get the job done with two 15 rounds mags I definitely need to start thinking about some more intense training!

hjmoosejaw

I have a Sig P226 E2 version and LOVE this gun! But I've heard so many good things about the SP2022 that I've considered buying one just because. Won't ever get rid of my 226 though, it's my baby.