Thread: examiner.com - Obama’s ‘DREAM’ order may give illegal aliens Second Amendment rights

Moderator / Administrator

examiner.com - Obama’s ‘DREAM’ order may give illegal aliens Second Amendment rights

http://www.examiner.com/article/obam...endment-rights

SNIP

‘DREAM’ order aliens will be more registered and traceable than most US citizens who don't even hold passports, making it substantially more difficult for courts to deny these aliens their Second Amendment rights even under the intermediate scrutiny standard. After all, ‘DREAM order’ aliens are going to be openly working and serving in our national community as teachers, business owners, firefighters, day care workers homemakers, and other vocations where they clearly will be part of “the people” with “substantial connections with this country” as explained in Verdugo-Urquidez.

. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    ‘DREAM’ order aliens will be more registered and traceable than most US citizens
    Wut? No.

Very very interesting article. Clearly the author is following the legal issues surrounding the Second Amendment very closely through the courts.

This area may be fertile ground for Second Amendment litigation from the likes of SAF.org or other groups (ACLU - are you listening?). I hope that they consider doing so.

Lest anyone think that this doesn't affect them, a win in the 2A column for legal aliens, law-abiding illegal aliens, non-resident visiting aliens and even expatriate U.S. citizens almost certainly strengthens the rights for all of us. The very same liberal judges that believe in expanding privileges for illegal aliens would be hard-pressed to explain the irony of championing all human and civil rights, save one.
    Last edited by OC4me; 11-14-2012 at 05:25 PM.