• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

examiner.com - Obama’s ‘DREAM’ order may give illegal aliens Second Amendment rights

Mike

Site Co-Founder
http://www.examiner.com/article/obama-s-dream-order-may-give-illegal-aliens-second-amendment-rights

SNIP

‘DREAM’ order aliens will be more registered and traceable than most US citizens who don't even hold passports, making it substantially more difficult for courts to deny these aliens their Second Amendment rights even under the intermediate scrutiny standard. After all, ‘DREAM order’ aliens are going to be openly working and serving in our national community as teachers, business owners, firefighters, day care workers homemakers, and other vocations where they clearly will be part of “the people” with “substantial connections with this country” as explained in Verdugo-Urquidez.

. . .

OC4me

Very very interesting article. Clearly the author is following the legal issues surrounding the Second Amendment very closely through the courts.

This area may be fertile ground for Second Amendment litigation from the likes of SAF.org or other groups (ACLU - are you listening?). I hope that they consider doing so.

Lest anyone think that this doesn't affect them, a win in the 2A column for legal aliens, law-abiding illegal aliens, non-resident visiting aliens and even expatriate U.S. citizens almost certainly strengthens the rights for all of us. The very same liberal judges that believe in expanding privileges for illegal aliens would be hard-pressed to explain the irony of championing all human and civil rights, save one.

Last edited: