• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Denver cop shot at jazz fest.

nkunnen

Last edited:

M-Taliesin

Just heard aboit it on the radio before i saw your post... I was thinking the same thing.. maybe if denver didnt have their stupid oc ban it never would have happened.... Is city park a "gun free zone"?

Howdy Amigo!
I actually cannot recall seeing any signs to that affect, but being Denver, it seems likely.
Since I spend darn little time in Denver (along with darn little money there) I don't spend much time in their parks either.

BTW, did you notice there are two threads on the same topic, and both have the precise same time-stamp?
Seems another member hit "Enter" at the very same time as me. What are the odds???

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

M-Taliesin

That's a given in our imperfect, liberal-media world. We'll just have to be diligent in setting the record straight.

Howdy Amigo!
Yes.... blaming the gun rather than the bad guy would be just as wrong as blaming the nebulous liberal media world that hasn't said anything about the gun that I know about. Source?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Dilligad316

Same time stamp

M-T that is pretty odd that we sent at the same exact time. I checked before posting and didn't see any other post before sending. :eek:

Dilligad316

Denver Cop shot at jazz fest

All over gang related violence. :cuss: Wonder if they were legal carriers?

Keens

That's one reason I do my best to avoid the PDR of Denver. I don't go there unless I really have to and I sure don't spend money there. I can't even remember the last time I spent a penny there. Glad to hear they have a suspect in custody and I will say a prayer for the fallen officer and her child. Sad to hear she was a single mom. I wonder if she was carrying even though 9news said in an earlier report that she was off-duty? I haven't found anything about whether she was carrying or not.

M-Taliesin

M-T that is pretty odd that we sent at the same exact time. I checked before posting and didn't see any other post before sending. :eek:

Howdy Pard!
That's hysterically funny right there. I don't care who you are, that's flat out funny.
Why?

Because I did precisely the same thing as you did. I checked to see if anybody posted the story, and seeing nothing, sent mine.

The odds must be astronomical that we both created two separate threads on the same story in the same precise minute as the other!

Seems almost mystical and paranormal, don't it?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

M-Taliesin

Sad event IMO.. regardless of how many feel about LEO's.. it's a thankless, dangerous, and sometimes .. rarely rewarding job..
I feel for her kids..

--Rob

Howdy Rob!
You said it about as well as anybody on the board.
We often forget that LEOs are people too, and often regard them with jaundiced eyes.
At times like this, it helps to remember they are just like you and me, and often scared when approaching a citizen.

I've seen all manner of hostile attitudes toward cops in general on these boards, and I've caught incoming fire for stating that I am essentially "pro-cop".

It is a tough job, and a dangerous one. They truly ain't paid enough for the perils they brave.
And tonight there is a little kid out there who will grow up without his mother. Truly sad indeed.

I don't know if there would be any sentiment among my fellows on the Colorado board, but I think it would be really nice if we might chip in to send a card or flowers or something to show our respect. Anybody interested?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Shoobee

One of the most dangerous places on this Earth for LEOs is the black hole of the Oakland Coliseum football stadium.

Several LEOs have told me themselves that they dread going into it for any reason.

I suppose any rock or jazz festival is no different. Especially with all the dope being smoked there.

Raising a kid by yourself is hard enough even when you don't have a dangerous job.

I think a kid deserves two parents, in the event the unthinkable occurs. In this case the unthinkable has occured.

I hope grandma or grandpa or both are available and willing to take-in the "orphaned" kid now.

Apparently the father was not interested, or else the father did not know about the kid, or else the father was a fertility clinic.

Avant guarde lifestyles can easily lead to dramatically tragic results.

Last edited: