• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man openly carrying in Minneapolsi beaten by police?

sraacke

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2012/06/23/mpls-man-police-beat-me-for-gun-despite-my-permit/

ooh boy...

Grant Vlasak
GUNCLASSES.NET (A division of Practical Training Solutions, LLC)
T 612.424.7955 Ext.101
http://www.gunclasses.net/
"Safety and Skills for Peace of Mind"

The guy states he was conceal carrying and that he had a conceal carry permit. The media stated that police noticed a bulge. Whatever happened, sounds like he was concealing and not doing it very well, someone saw it printing or saw it flash and the Popo got involved. Beating ensued. Police gonna be sued.

Redbaron007

I sure wish the video would be posted.

I have questions on how he was carrying and what were his 'actual' actions. Not defending the PoPo, but I have a sneaking suspicion, there is more to this story. However, if what is said is all that happened....the PoPo better hope this is settled quitely. :confused:

Medic1210

Hope the video supports his side of the story. This kind of behavior is intolerable.

So Minnesota allows concealed carry into night clubs?

Edited to Add: BTW, the title of the thread is a bit misleading. The fella states it was concealed, and apparently printed.

Last edited:

aadvark

Medic1210:

The State of Minnesota Issues a Permit to Carry a Pistol. Once Obtained, This Permit Allows Open Carry AND Concealed Carry BOTH On-Foot and in a Motor Vehicle.

Under Minnesota Law 624.71, SubDiv. 1a., Generally Forbades Carrying a Pistol in Public, or on or about The Persons' Clothes or Body, unless; 1. The Person is a Person who has First Acquired a Permit to Carry a Pistol OR 2. The Person Meets an Exception under SubDiv 9 of that Statute.

Minesota Law has 2 Preemption Statutes. The First Deals Exclusively in Pistols, Pistol Ammunition, and Pistol Components, AND The Second Deals in ALL Other Types of Firearms other than Pistols, Firearm Ammunitions other than Pistol Ammunition, and Firearm Components other than Pistol Components.

The Entire Subject-matter and Field of Regulation Concerning in any Manner Pistols is Reserved Exclusively to Mnnesota under Minnesota Law 624.717.

This Express Preemption Statute can be Viewed here: https://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us./statutes/?id=624.717

Minnesota has NO Law that either Restricts, or Prohibits, Firearms or on about a Premises where Alcohol is either Sold or Served. HOWEVER, The Owner of Private Property can Post such Property as being GUN FREE if The Sigange Meets SPECIFIC Legal Requirements.

Pursuant to Minnesota Law 624.717, Minneapolis would be Preempted from Regualting Firearms at NightClubs, and The Discretion to either Allow or Disallow Firearms at such Places would Fall Squarely upon The Owner of such Establishment.

aadvark

*** Interestingly, Minnesota is a State that Preempts and Regualtes so called, 'Staturday-Night Specials'. I have NEVER seen that before, so I found that Interestingly Personally. ***

Last edited:

aadvark

Medic1210:

The North Carolina General Assembly did have Legsialtion Pending before it to Authorize that Conduct for Persons with Concealed Pistol Licenses, and also to Clarify Park Carry in Local Parks not Owned or Operated by The State or Federal Government.

That Legislation can be Viewed here: http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/Sessions/2011/Bills/House/PDF/H111v5.pdf

However, I am Uncertain as to whether or not that Piece of Legislation Passed in Time or before The Legislature Adjourned.

aadvark

Last edited:

Medic1210

Medic1210:

The North Carolina General Assembly did have Legsialtion Pending before it to Authorize that Conduct for Persons with Concealed Pistol Licenses, and also to Clarify Park Carry in Local Parks not Owned or Operated by The StTate or Federal Government.

That Legislation can be Viewed here: http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/Sessions/2011/Bills/House/PDF/H111v5.pdf

However, I am Uncertain as to whether or not that Piece of Legislation Passed in Time or before The Legislature Adjourned.

aadvark

HB111 is unfortunately dead in the water thanks to a bunch of spineless senators who refused to send it to the floor.:mad:

And while I'm not completely versed on all the stipulations, I'm pretty sure it only covered restaurants that serve alcohol with their food. I don't feel it would have allowed carry into night clubs where the main source of revenue comes from alcohol. Many states refer to this as the 51% rule, meaning if 51% of revenue comes from sources other than alcohol sales, carry is legal.

Last edited:

aadvark

Medic1210:

There are Currently 25 States that ALLOW Firearms to be taken Inside Bars..., Owner Permitting..., of Course.

Moreover, there are Currently 45 States that ALLOW Firearms to be taken into Restaurants that Serve Alcohol, again...., Owner Permitting of Course.

aadvark

Medic1210

Medic1210:

There are Currently 25 States that ALLOW Firearms to be taken Inside Bars..., Owner Permitting..., of Course.

Moreover, there are Currently 45 States that ALLOW Firearms to be taken into Restaurants that Serve Alcohol, again...., Owner Permitting of Course.

aadvark

That's cool, but I was more referring to HB111. I guess there are other states with better laws on the books.

hammer6

Medic1210:

aadvark

PA is a good one