Thread: Detroit's extreme pawn shop show

McX

Detroit's extreme pawn shop show

greetings from across the big pond. i watch the extreme pawn store show, or whatever they call it, enjoying all the 'special moments' the customers give the staff of that place. i was just wondering if any of you guys had ever been there, or carried there, and is the place is bad as they show on t.v. i did start noting on the show that the owner apparently concealed carries, as i am pretty sure i saw a distinct bulge on his right side, and it appeared to have 'printing' of a gun handle beneath his clothing. Best Wishes to you guys over there, and thank you for allowing the intrusion into your state's forum.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    greetings from across the big pond. i watch the extreme pawn store show, or whatever they call it, enjoying all the 'special moments' the customers give the staff of that place. i was just wondering if any of you guys had ever been there, or carried there, and is the place is bad as they show on t.v. i did start noting on the show that the owner apparently concealed carries, as i am pretty sure i saw a distinct bulge on his right side, and it appeared to have 'printing' of a gun handle beneath his clothing. Best Wishes to you guys over there, and thank you for allowing the intrusion into your state's forum.
    At times yes, but keep in mind the show is fake. It is scripted and the people are selected to be on camera. They are also told what to do. The place would be boring otherwise.

The owners and the kids carry at time. One show was about getting their CPLs. It also looks like they may pat down people at the door as I think no weapons are allowed in.

After all it's TV.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

McX
    well, dang, scripted?! maybe they'll do a show around here, i dont think any of those on the street around here are reading from a script. thanks for the response though.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    well, dang, scripted?! maybe they'll do a show around here, i dont think any of those on the street around here are reading from a script. thanks for the response though.
    All "reality" shows have a general script (I don't mean actual dialog, but are directed in some way) and/or are given a general scenario to act out. Keep in mind they are going to air the couple of crazy interactions over the hundreds of non-issue interactions. The public knows what day the film crew is there and show up. The producers interview the crowd and hand pick (Choose the crazy or interesting ones) which people will go in. They also tell the "customers" to ham it up. It's entertainment only.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Banned
    They are not gun friendly, which is irresponsible at best, it is Detroit you know.

There has been one or more threads about this place. They have no firearms signage. But the show is crafted. Same thing with Pawn Stars in Las Vegas. That is fake as well. Scenarios there are made for the camera. The store is actually closed to the public when they are filming. But the show in Detroit is really unwatchable.
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." – William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." – Samuel Adams
    Wheels

Extreme pawn is faked, pawn stars is faked, Judge Judy is scripted, the 'Operation Repo' car repossession show was faked.

My general rule: If it's supposedly 'reality' it's probably faked.

McX
    it's disappointing when reality isnt real, but then again, looking around these days, many people, and things, arent real, and the politicians are absolutely unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    Extreme pawn is faked, pawn stars is faked, Judge Judy is scripted, the 'Operation Repo' car repossession show was faked.

My general rule: If it's supposedly 'reality' it's probably faked.
    Oh, crap! Not professional wrestling, too? Please say it ain't so, Joe!
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)