Thread: What are your favorite "LIBERTY"or "HUMOROUS" quotes ? Mine are:

Peoples Republic of North Las Vegas

What are your favorite "LIBERTY"or "HUMOROUS" quotes ? Mine are:

The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government."
    Patrick Henry

"The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun."
    "Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction, and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?"

March 23, 1775:
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!

It is better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are stupid
    Than to open your mouth and remove all doubt
    My Mother

Michael, I swear to God if you go down to the river swimming and drown I will beat you to within an inch of your life
    My Mother

Richmond, Tx
    Wyatt Erp..."Speed is fine, accuracy is final."
    Lower the crime rate by lowering the criminal survival rate!
    When people say 'God Bless America' I'm sure He says, "I gave you Texas!"

Founder's Club Member
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Permit me, Sir, to add another circumstance in our colonies, which contributes no mean part towards the growth and effect of this untractable spirit. I mean their education. In no country perhaps in the world is the law so general a study....

...This study renders men acute, inquisitive, dexterous, prompt in attack, ready in defence, full of resources. In other countries, the people, more simple, and of a less mercurial cast, judge of an ill principle in government only by an actual grievance; here they anticipate the evil, and judge of the pressure of the grievance by the badness of the principle. They augur misgovernment at a distance; and snuff the approach of tyranny in every tainted breeze.
    (bold emphasis added by Citizen)

Edmund Burke, speech to Parliament on Conciliation with the American colonies, Mar 22, 1775

Excerpted from paragraph 6

By the way, that website is stuffed full of Founder quotes, letters, and comments. For example, we attribute to Thomas Jefferson the metaphor of a "wall of separation" between church and state. Historians attribute this to him because he wrote it in a letter to the Danbury Baptist Association. You can read the text of the letter at that website.
    Last edited by Citizen; 06-25-2012 at 09:36 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

The Epicenter of Freedom
    "It's not the government's job to solve your problems."

--Nevada Carrier
    Nevada Campus Carry: The Movement Continues