Thread: I did it

I did it

I survived my trip to Chicago, while begrudgingly leaving my firearm behind. Usually, When I travel I bring along a firearm to have in my hotel room during my stay when carry is not an option. It seems though, that visitors to Chicago slip into a vortex that I believe should be addressed. Have I no Second amendment right to have a firearm in my temporary abode? The local Chicago government would like to think I do not, but I am still a US Citizen and by the Constitution of the United States the second amendment should still protect me.
    Nevada Campus Carry: The Movement Continues
    http://nvcampuscarry.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada carrier View Post
    I survived my trip to Chicago, while begrudgingly leaving my firearm behind. Usually, When I travel I bring along a firearm to have in my hotel room during my stay when carry is not an option. It seems though, that visitors to Chicago slip into a vortex that I believe should be addressed. Have I no Second amendment right to have a firearm in my temporary abode? The local Chicago government would like to think I do not, but I am still a US Citizen and by the Constitution of the United States the second amendment should still protect me.
    Test case...and a very good one indeed. Registration, permitting and/or licensing requirements for mere possession are obviously unworkable for non-resident out-of-state visitors to Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by OC4me View Post
    Test case...and a very good one indeed. Registration, permitting and/or licensing requirements for mere possession are obviously unworkable for non-resident out-of-state visitors to Chicago.
    You know full well the Chitcago regime will try to prosecute out of state people for the federal GFSZ...
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    You know full well the Chicago regime will try to prosecute out of state people for the federal GFSZ...
    Yet another test case! Not that I'm hoping for a law-abiding citizen to get nailed with a Federal GFSZ charge, but my understanding is that nobody (at least otherwise law-abiding) has ever been convicted of violating that statute, hence it would have probably been overturned (again). And yes, I am sure that Chicago would take the bait and arrest Mother Theresa on a GFSZ charge if they could.
    Last edited by OC4me; 08-22-2012 at 10:51 PM.