Thread: Interesting LTE: Writer calls for creation of actual "bars" in Virginia

Interesting LTE: Writer calls for creation of actual "bars" in Virginia

Not 100% OC related, but such an idea could lead to new proposals for anti-carry laws in the future. Probably bears watching to see if any traction is gained.

TFred

Virginia's restaurant/bars aren't like pubs

http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2...6262012/709524

I just do not see Virginia allowing "bars" any time in the near future (as defined in this lifetime or the next one). The LTE-writer can complain with the best of them, but seems to lack knowledge of how to do so in such a way as to stand a chance of getting the result he seemed to want. A conversation with management may or may not have resolved his dilema - but we'll never know. All we do know is the behavior was not beyond the limits held by management, the private security guards, or the Fredericksburg PD representatives.

QS&L is known for Wednesday night Bike Nights. Wonder why the LTE-writer was unaware of that, or chose to ignore that. No, seriously, really, honestly, I do actually wonder why.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    I just do not see Virginia allowing "bars" any time in the near future (as defined in this lifetime or the next one). The LTE-writer can complain with the best of them, but seems to lack knowledge of how to do so in such a way as to stand a chance of getting the result he seemed to want. A conversation with management may or may not have resolved his dilema - but we'll never know. All we do know is the behavior was not beyond the limits held by management, the private security guards, or the Fredericksburg PD representatives.

QS&L is known for Wednesday night Bike Nights. Wonder why the LTE-writer was unaware of that, or chose to ignore that. No, seriously, really, honestly, I do actually wonder why.

stay safe.
    Gee...imagine bikers, having a good time at a family restaurant!

Well. last evening I took a 2 hour ride to go to bike night. Frankly I thought I'd seen everything and coldn't be shocked by anything but this is an excellent example of why aging people should not drink:

Olivia Newton-John, where is John Travolta?

While painful, it's a lot better than what some of the younger generation exhibit when confronted with "music".

Too bad she did not grow up when we still did real dances, with actual steps to follow, instead of trying to adjust our clothing without using our hands. (Yeah, I'm showing my age. What else do you want me to do with it?)

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Thumbs up

I believe at nearly all locations. Last I checked (or heard, rather) they were also OC-friendly.

This guy's article reads like a guy who takes his family to Hooter's and then complains about the waitresses' outfits being too skimpy.

Meaning, quite simply, I agree 100% with your assertion, Paul.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Peter Nap, for a grumpy old man, LOL, you made my start to the weekend fandamntastic. That was hilarious. Unfortunely, I have seen this "live" too many times to count.... Same thing, different day...
    "Bro you got mad skilz"....

S
    The Second Amendment is in place
    in case the politicians ignore the others

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone

Hey, this is a family site!.....Where's the complaint department dude?

That video, while of seemingly high quality and apparently professionally produced, contained content likely not suitable for _______ (insert population segment here).
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by wylde007 View Post
    I believe at nearly all locations. Last I checked (or heard, rather) they were also OC-friendly.

This guy's article reads like a guy who takes his family to Hooter's and then complains about the waitresses' outfits being too skimpy.

Meaning, quite simply, I agree 100% with your assertion, Paul.
    Yep, it's company wide Wylde.
    OC is fine. Proshooter and I worked that out with them a couple of years ago and I was OC'ing when I shot that Wednesday.

They did have some colors the other night. I didn't used to see much of that. Most of them left them on their bikes. This was a bunch called the Mongol's. They eyed me for a while and left but I don't think anyone else noticed I had a gun.

I don't think the fellow who wrote that gets out much.

Dear God! I hope she had a designated driver. LMAO
    Appleseed, Virginia State Coordinator
    Are you a Rifleman yet?
    http://appleseedinfo.org

Quote Originally Posted by The Wolfhound View Post
    Dear God! I hope she had a designated driver. LMAO

You need a driver and a tillerman.

It's just more proof that drugs are/were the death of civilization. Before the Summer of Love, "Tune In, Turn On, Drop Out" and everybody and their kid sister getting high, drug users were both "cool" and knew how to be "cool". And we made asses of ourselves by all dancing to the same moves (kind of like line dancing but with differently-dorky clothes) as opposed to spastic arm-thrashing.

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

It's just more proof that drugs are/were the death of civilization. Before the Summer of Love, "Tune In, Turn On, Drop Out" and everybody and their kid sister getting high, drug users were both "cool" and knew how to be "cool". And we made asses of ourselves by all dancing to the same moves (kind of like line dancing but with differently-dorky clothes) as opposed to spastic arm-thrashing.

stay safe.
    I don't know Skid...pretty much the only formal dance I knew was the Highland county stomp. It was pretty easy...Clap your hands and stomp your foot.

Dare you to chew bubblegum while doing that!

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

(Yeah, I'm showing my age. What else do you want me to do with it?)

stay safe.
    Conceal it! And you better have a CAL!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

I can agree with a lot of what Mr. Davis said in the article. I mean it is his rightful opinion to think mixing kids and drunks is not the best parenting situation. I can understand that. And the law does make it difficult for small pubs to compete with the TGI Fridays and Hooters. Agreed 100%. And at the end of the day I don't think there is any real need to force private business to sell food. Especially not when it is meaningless. The TGI Friday's have just as many obnoxious drunks as the pubs not because they don't serve enough food but because they don't serve the drunks food. Its a stupid law that does nothing. But it does make it harder for smaller pubs to compete and does make it more difficult to find a place to take your kids. I don't have any but I'm assuming you can only do Chucky Cheese and McDonald's so many times.....

Quote Originally Posted by richarcm View Post
    I can agree with a lot of what Mr. Davis said in the article. I mean it is his rightful opinion to think mixing kids and drunks is not the best parenting situation. I can understand that. And the law does make it difficult for small pubs to compete with the TGI Fridays and Hooters. Agreed 100%. And at the end of the day I don't think there is any real need to force private business to sell food. Especially not when it is meaningless. The TGI Friday's have just as many obnoxious drunks as the pubs not because they don't serve enough food but because they don't serve the drunks food. Its a stupid law that does nothing. But it does make it harder for smaller pubs to compete and does make it more difficult to find a place to take your kids. I don't have any but I'm assuming you can only do Chucky Cheese and McDonald's so many times.....
    I would interject that it is likely that the "problem" you observe is not at all unintentional. At this point in time, I don't believe that the General Assembly wants an expansion of small pubs, but would rather see fewer, larger establishments that serve the more diverse customer base that does include families.

TFred

stay safe.
    The guns are all stashed in the car, got my new Hawaiian shirt and my stealth camera and it's time to go back to 1965 Skid! See ya in 40 years or so!

Last edited by peter nap; 07-03-2012 at 01:15 PM.