• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What would you do if someone grabbed your weapon??

BOOMcat12B

Troll seems unlikely, Agent provocateur possibly? read alot of his posts and seemed fairly odd to me, kinda like hyperactive. Much of it seemed like a teanager trying to impress his friends, very colorful. Drinking and typing dont mix!

+1... Ben there done that...not a good call....

As for the OP... This is hard as it is situational dependent... However.... In any situation I will do my damndest to keep someone from grabbing my firearm... Which I would like to think is alot...LOL But then again I reckon we all think that bout ourselves....:cool:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Im talking about all his posts today. Davidmcbeth is a troll. I dont need the rights i have fought for to be taken away because a troublemaker makes us all look like idiots. Clearly he is being paid to make moronic statements which undermine the legitimacy of our constitutional rights.

Tricolordad is the troll ... not me ... he thinks he's superman or something. Get off your high horse TCD ... "undermine the legitimacy of our constitutional rights"? Oh brother ...... show a post where I am trying to undermine our rights?--rights YOU (and only you in your mind) have fought for ... you say things w/o proof

"being paid"...no proof

Although I am a vet, I don't look down upon anyone who is not (how can you? with Clinton and O'Bamalama as recent presidents that I would never have served under). TCD seems to think you needed to have worn a uniform to be a patriot -- Ben Franklin would love to have a talk with you as well as most of our framers...

Freedom1Man

I know to put on my fire suit for this one.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9A.56.300

1) A person is guilty of theft of a firearm if he or she commits a theft of any firearm.

(6) Theft of a firearm is a class B felony.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9A.16.050

Homicide is also justifiable when committed either:

(2) In the actual resistance of an attempt to commit a felony upon the slayer, in his or her presence, or upon or in a dwelling, or other place of abode, in which he or she is.

Helping them with Darwinian selection would be justified.

Just looking at another option that is LEGAL!!!

Last edited:

Batousaii

1) A person is guilty of theft of a firearm if he or she commits a theft of any firearm.

Jeezus really ??? ... Ya Think ??... No duh right?!?.... OMG, These are the people who run our state.................... it all makes perfect sense now.

- I really need a beer now...

- I promise not to type to much after...

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

Troll troll troll troll admin please delte the troll and block his ip.....

Just calm down dude. Ever since your arrival you've come across as brash and ill-tempered.

What was your third or forth post you responded with the following after a pretty innocuous inquiry about your statement that Glenn Beck claimed you responsible for 9-11

How about my military service? Idiot.

Try to get along with others...:)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snip--

icon14.png

Trust that no one will take offense at that - it is simply good advice.

OC for ME

The video shows a one armed man trying to 'gun grab'. The 'not recommended technique', later demonstrated, then identified that the gun grabber actually had two arms.

....meh....

WalkingWolf

Anybody that decides to participate in a forum needs to develop somewhat of a thick skin. Not just this site but almost all sites, I have seen far worse than here on sites one would believe to be tame. He doubted a story, that happens a lot, get used to it, or double check before posting. If you never want to be questioned on internet forum interactions they are not for you.

WalkingWolf

The video shows a one armed man trying to 'gun grab'. The 'not recommended technique', later demonstrated, then identified that the gun grabber actually had two arms.

....meh....

Not every system works for everybody, or every time. That said his system has a three problems with it. Most gun grabs come from behind, he counts on the attacker not moving forward into him to get the gun, and for somewhat complicated defense measures takes considerable practice to become second nature. I can see a couple numpties watching this video and practicing it with a loaded gun, ooops another accidental discharge.

tricolordad

Tricolordad is the troll ... not me ... he thinks he's superman or something. Get off your high horse TCD ... "undermine the legitimacy of our constitutional rights"? Oh brother ...... show a post where I am trying to undermine our rights?--rights YOU (and only you in your mind) have fought for ... you say things w/o proof

"being paid"...no proof

Although I am a vet, I don't look down upon anyone who is not (how can you? with Clinton and O'Bamalama as recent presidents that I would never have served under). TCD seems to think you needed to have worn a uniform to be a patriot -- Ben Franklin would love to have a talk with you as well as most of our framers...

I never once said that I am the only one who served, never implied, nor have I ever treated anyone as such. I am not a Patriot, I am a soldier. There is a HUGE difference. Secondly, your posts are moronic and to the general public, which can see them, it makes us gun owners who practice our constitutional rights for lawful purposes look like the stereotypical drunken redneck who owns guns because he thinks guns are "cool." My proof of what I'm saying can be seen when anyone clicks your profile and looks at all your recent posts and the way you've followed me around a forum just looking for trouble. I am here for legitimate reasons, not to have a problem. Also, I did not contact you, I did not provoke you and I have done nothing to anybody. The simple fact is that you are trolling forums looking for trouble, trying to find somebody you view as "weak." Child, I do not give in to cyber bullies and I do not take my constitutional rights lightly. If you'd like to troll, maybe you should do it on a cellphone game like everybody else. You've gotten your attention, now be gone.

tricolordad

Just calm down dude. Ever since your arrival you've come across as brash and ill-tempered.

What was your third or forth post you responded with the following after a pretty innocuous inquiry about your statement that Glenn Beck claimed you responsible for 9-11

By claiming that all Muslims are radicals and are responsible for 9/11, yeah...he did. And I've done nothing to davidmcbeth. I came here looking for answers that the powers that be don't make readily available and davidmcbeth came after me. All he posts is nonsense. I apologize if I come off as brash, but I do take OC seriously. I have been threatened with jail time for practicing my right to carry in the past.

tricolordad

I've found that this site is not really a good place to seek help regarding OC laws. It's full of immature idiots who mock, undermine, and generally make a bad example of those of us who are serious about our gun rights. I'll be turning to the NRA for future support since I need serious answers to serious questions. I encourage the rest of you serious about your rights to do the same.

OC for ME

It is unfortunate that you appear to relinquish your quest for OC 'laws' (read as knowledge/experiences) here on OCDO. New guys do that sometimes, not a criticism just a observation. I did this too but hung around despite my initial perceptions.

The clunky search function (to be polite), is/could be a useful tool to find the answers to some of your questions. Remember, this is a Interwebs site dedicated to OC and not a legal/law library. I recommend that you ask specific questions in the hopes that you will receive specific answers in the Wisconsin forum. Those fellas are far more likely to serve up food for thought and facts (with cites) to assuage you worries.

Please stick around and have fun. The folks who prowl around here are all bark and no bite.....a 'sticks and stones' kind of thing.

Also, if someone gets to out of hand there will be a adult along shortly to keep us kids in-line.....cue Grapeshot in 3....2....1....

Welcome to OCDO and lighten up Francis.

davidmcbeth

Banned

....meh....

I saw a youtube vid where a 4 yr old grabs a holstered gun and discharges in ...

davidmcbeth

Banned

Stripes got the class of recruits for that time period square on ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DgQ7t5yVPY&feature=related

From the movie that really shows boot camp most accurately ... Sgt. Lee Ermey was given total rein of his character I understand ~ he thought the scripted lines were not realistic .. he made up much of what his character said on the spot ... a classic character ... I think he likes the M1 rifle ...

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I never once said that I am the only one who served, never implied, nor have I ever treated anyone as such. I am not a Patriot, I am a soldier. There is a HUGE difference. Secondly, your posts are moronic and to the general public, which can see them, it makes us gun owners who practice our constitutional rights for lawful purposes look like the stereotypical drunken redneck who owns guns because he thinks guns are "cool." My proof of what I'm saying can be seen when anyone clicks your profile and looks at all your recent posts and the way you've followed me around a forum just looking for trouble. I am here for legitimate reasons, not to have a problem. Also, I did not contact you, I did not provoke you and I have done nothing to anybody. The simple fact is that you are trolling forums looking for trouble, trying to find somebody you view as "weak." Child, I do not give in to cyber bullies and I do not take my constitutional rights lightly. If you'd like to troll, maybe you should do it on a cellphone game like everybody else. You've gotten your attention, now be gone.

I've found that this site is not really a good place to seek help regarding OC laws. It's full of immature idiots who mock, undermine, and generally make a bad example of those of us who are serious about our gun rights. I'll be turning to the NRA for future support since I need serious answers to serious questions. I encourage the rest of you serious about your rights to do the same.

It is unfortunate that you appear to relinquish your quest for OC 'laws' (read as knowledge/experiences) here on OCDO. New guys do that sometimes, not a criticism just a observation. I did this too but hung around despite my initial perceptions.

The clunky search function (to be polite), is/could be a useful tool to find the answers to some of your questions. Remember, this is a Interwebs site dedicated to OC and not a legal/law library. I recommend that you ask specific questions in the hopes that you will receive specific answers in the Wisconsin forum. Those fellas are far more likely to serve up food for thought and facts (with cites) to assuage you worries.

Please stick around and have fun. The folks who prowl around here are all bark and no bite.....a 'sticks and stones' kind of thing.

Also, if someone gets to out of hand there will be a adult along shortly to keep us kids in-line.....cue Grapeshot in 3....2....1....

Been here watching and looking for the boat to come to even keel one it's own. I see that's not to be.

One cannot say that they are not part of the problem when referring to others as "child" and "immature idiots" + stating "posts are moronic," "drunken redneck" and "looking for trouble." These would attempt to counteract opinion by overstating (exaggerating) opinion. Let's stick to the dedicated agenda of OCDO and avoid the personal flames. Too, it is good to be aware when posting that we have a rule against personal attacks.

If anyone thinks that the NRA is a good source of information on OC, I wish them lots of luck there...........seriously.

And yes, for state specific information on OC and the pertinent laws, the individual state sub-forums are vastly superior.