Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't OC at McKenna rally

Can't OC at McKenna rally

There is going to be a McKenna rally this Sunday in Lakewood. Rob himself will be there. I got an email asking people to RSVP. I sent you and asking OCing at the event and this is response I got back.

Hi Justin,

Thanks for your RSVP. Our host has respectfully asked that you not bring your gun to the event.

Thanks,
    Madeleine
    I have written back to them declining my RSVP.
    I carry a Para Ordance 1911 .45 ACP.

Quote Originally Posted by cpgrad08 View Post
    There is going to be a McKenna rally this Sunday in Lakewood. Rob himself will be there. I got an email asking people to RSVP. I sent you and asking OCing at the event and this is response I got back.

Why are you asking a question to do something that is legal? Did you ask him if you could wear jeans?

Live Free or Die!

I was wondering what there policy was thats all.
    Also the rally is going to be on private property.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by cpgrad08; 06-26-2012 at 05:20 PM.

I was wondering what there policy was thats all.
    Also the rally is going to be on private property.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2
    You will get yourself a very quick scolding around here if you "inquire about the policy" or otherwise ask permission to OC. Most people/places/things, when asked up front, will respond in the negative, usually out of ignorance or a knee-jerk "guns are bad, mkay" mentality. It is suggested that you exercise this right the same as you would the right to speak as you wish, wear jeans, or any other: simply go about your business as you would any other day. If an issue happens to arise, deal with it at the time politely and respectfully. It may surprise you just how little that is actually necessary.
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead47 View Post
    You will get yourself a very quick scolding around here if you "inquire about the policy" or otherwise ask permission to OC. Most people/places/things, when asked up front, will respond in the negative, usually out of ignorance or a knee-jerk "guns are bad, mkay" mentality. It is suggested that you exercise this right the same as you would the right to speak as you wish, wear jeans, or any other: simply go about your business as you would any other day. If an issue happens to arise, deal with it at the time politely and respectfully. It may surprise you just how little that is actually necessary.
    Well said Metalhead.
    Live Free or Die!

And who is "our host"? They don't want my gun, they don't want me, my vote, or my contrabution...

Hopefully this is not McKenna's position which is beyond me and a great way to work for the opposition.
    Last edited by BigDave; 06-26-2012 at 07:52 PM.
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Uh, what? If you wrote to them with sentences like that they might not have understood what you were saying.

It's not McKenna's stance on OC or gun rights. As Kirby Wilbur told me personally "McKenna is good on that issue." As Mckenna has told me personally on several occasions, passing new firearms laws are not the answer. (He is after more RECO laws to break gangs apart) I have OC'd and CC'd in his presence and with his knowledge, from the above picture at a rally in a public place to several private events where I have been both OC and CC (chamber of commerce, realtors, small business). From talking with some in the party and others close to the campaign, it would be a standard/pat answer in a private setting (to say no OC/CC). It is likely the response of the group coordinating the event and not of the campaign. If you were to encounter McKenna at a parade or other public event it would be likely that he would pose for a picture with you.
    Live Free or Die!

If someone does make an issue out of it, politely ask if McKenna supports the Washington State Constitution in its entirety.
    Rev. Robert Apgood, Esq.

A right cannot be lost by exercising it. McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U.S. 3025, 130 S. Ct. 3020, 3021, 177 L. Ed. 2d 894 (2010) (citing Near v. Minn., 283 U.S. 697 (1931)).

Although IAAL, anything I say here is not legal advice. No conversations we may have privately or otherwise in this forum constitute the formation of an attorney-client relationship, and are not intended to do so.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rapgood View Post
    If someone does make an issue out of it, politely ask if McKenna supports the Washington State Constitution in its entirety.
    Good question, and one they couldn't answer in the affirmative truthfully.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

What Metalhead said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    Why are you asking a question to do something that is legal? Did you ask him if you could wear jeans?
    This. I know how to read. I own books. Should I ask permission of event organizers to attend while knowing how to read?

Asking permission just increases the odds someone will tell you no, even if they have no authority to do so. You don't need their permission to engage in lawful behavior, but their refusal of permission might make otherwise lawful behavior unlawful.

If you haven't left for the rally yet, just print out a copy of GoGo's picture and pin it to your shirt pocket. That should be your OC carry permit at a McKenna Rally.

BTW,

GoGo--- Didn't you mean RICO (Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations) instead of RECO?
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    If you haven't left for the rally yet, just print out a copy of GoGo's picture and pin it to your shirt pocket. That should be your OC carry permit at a McKenna Rally.

BTW,

GoGo--- Didn't you mean RICO (Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations) instead of RECO?
    Blech!, another reason he wont get my vote, his desire to increase law enforcement and to aid prosecutors against the general population along with other ways of ignoring our constitutional individual rights.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Blech!, another reason he wont get my vote, his desire to increase law enforcement and to aid prosecutors against the general population along with other ways of ignoring our constitutional individual rights.
    So you're going to vote for inslee whos going to do the same X5?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Either McKenna has a person that doesn't know his stance on Open Carry or McKenna is st
    arting to distance himself from gun carriers and thier votes. Good Lord I hope it's the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovenox View Post
    Either McKenna has a person that doesn't know his stance on Open Carry or McKenna is st
    arting to distance himself from gun carriers and thier votes. Good Lord I hope it's the first.

C'mon guys look what was ACTUALLY said in the message to the OP:

Our host has respectfully asked that you not bring your gun to the event.
    McKenna's NOT the host, a supporter is hosting the event on his behalf, probably as a fundraiser. The host is a private entity or individual and can do anything he/they bloody want regardless of McKenna's own policies and beliefs up to and including excluding Mr. McKenna himself! I know it may come as a shock to some, but many on the right/conservative/republican side, even tho they identify as pro-gun, are not pro-gun to the same level as most folks around here. I think some times y'all need to step back & take a reality check and realize just how radical "our" beliefs are on here, and that's most than just gun rights. I'm not saying that's a bad thing in the slightest. But we need to be aware of that.

There are plenty of folks on the non-liberal side who still think carrying a gun around is "weird," and are under the perception that they have to restrict such as public gatherings, either as a matter of law, perceived liability, or to keep happy others who think it's "weird."

ALL OF WHICH HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH ROB MCKENNA, HIS IDEALS AND POLICES, OR HIS CAMPAIGN!

<facepalm>

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post

BTW,

Yes, RICO.
    Live Free or Die!

There is another candidate running as a Republican, Sharam Hadian. He is also pro gun.

Live Free or Die!

Why do I have to vote for anyone?

I will not vote for "the lesser of two evils" it is still evil.

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    There is another candidate running as a Republican, Sharam Hadian. He is also pro gun.

I think I met him somewhere. I'll have to find out more about his view points on other individual/fundamental rights before endorsing him. Many claim to be supportive our our right to be armed but then fall into the fallacy of thinking we need "leaders" or to be regulated in other means.

Why do I have to vote for anyone?

I will not vote for "the lesser of two evils" it is still evil.

I think I met him somewhere. I'll have to find out more about his view points on other individual/fundamental rights before endorsing him. Many claim to be supportive our our right to be armed but then fall into the fallacy of thinking we need "leaders" or to be regulated in other means.
    I say we all write in Dave Workman and see how many votes he gets! Might surprise some...
    Rev. Robert Apgood, Esq.

A right cannot be lost by exercising it. McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U.S. 3025, 130 S. Ct. 3020, 3021, 177 L. Ed. 2d 894 (2010) (citing Near v. Minn., 283 U.S. 697 (1931)).

Although IAAL, anything I say here is not legal advice. No conversations we may have privately or otherwise in this forum constitute the formation of an attorney-client relationship, and are not intended to do so.

C'mon guys look what was ACTUALLY said in the message to the OP:

McKenna's NOT the host, a supporter is hosting the event on his behalf, probably as a fundraiser. The host is a private entity or individual and can do anything he/they bloody want regardless of McKenna's own policies and beliefs up to and including excluding Mr. McKenna himself! I know it may come as a shock to some, but many on the right/conservative/republican side, even tho they identify as pro-gun, are not pro-gun to the same level as most folks around here. I think some times y'all need to step back & take a reality check and realize just how radical "our" beliefs are on here, and that's most than just gun rights. I'm not saying that's a bad thing in the slightest. But we need to be aware of that.

There are plenty of folks on the non-liberal side who still think carrying a gun around is "weird," and are under the perception that they have to restrict such as public gatherings, either as a matter of law, perceived liability, or to keep happy others who think it's "weird."

ALL OF WHICH HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH ROB MCKENNA, HIS IDEALS AND POLICES, OR HIS CAMPAIGN!

<facepalm>

Do you believe McKenna knows about this?

I doubt it, unless someone has gone out of their way to specifically bring it to his attention. Like any politician, he's probably not aware of the details of campaign functions. That's what he's got a staff for.

I doubt it, unless someone has gone out of their way to specifically bring it to his attention. Like any politician, he's probably not aware of the details of campaign functions. That's what he's got a staff for.
    This thread is something else, McKenna will need more then Gun Supporters to get into office, I really doubt this was instituted by him.
    I feel he is a good choice and has my vote, if you choose not to vote then it is a vote to maintain status quo.

He is not in my view fitting into the category of "better of the two evils", ridiculous.
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast