• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Yet Another Brain-Dead Media Manglement of our Right to Keep and Bear Arms

davidmcbeth

Banned
We're #1 270MM guns ... and I want to buy some more ....

What is the OP angry about? Luxemburg doesn't allow handguns at all? That's why the Nazi's conquered them in 1 hour...

Jack House

Could be this?

tNc4K.png

And this

SYJTw.png

Dreamer

This whole video is almost COMPLETELY BS.

"In England it is so hard for criminals to get guns that most police aren't even armed..."

Oh, yeah, THAT'S true-- 50 years ago...

From the Telegraph, Regarding British LEOs:
The officers will carry Heckler & Koch MP5 submachine guns, capable of firing 800 rounds a minute, and Glock semi-automatic pistols.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/6438601/Gun-crime-doubles-in-a-decade.html

And from ABC, regarding England:
Officials estimate that more than 250,000 illegal weapons are still in circulation in the country.
http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=3083618&page=1#.T-ppunCvXzI

Oh, and BTW, at least 80 of those guns in the hand of criminals in the UK got there by being smuggled in by an ex-US Marine Corps Captain...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/oct/05/steven-greenoe-gun-smuggling-trial

Last edited:

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
So "only 3 in 10 Americans own a firearm". Hmmmm. When they interpreted their data, did they take into account that a fair percentage of Americans are children or teenagers who CAN'T own guns, and a small but significant number of Americans are so aged that they no longer chose to own a firearm? If we remove these non-owners, I sure a much larger percentage would be evil, Satan-spawn gun owners. Also, when trying to ascertain the number of gun owners, many people when asked will say "no" even if they do own a firearm. After all, why would anyone else need to know if someone owns a gun. Just saying...

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

People can make numbers say anything they want, 86% of people know that.

I am a good example of part of the error of this poll. Does my wife consider the guns she shoots/carries and be owned by her? Not sure what she would say. I technically purchased them.

In their polls that state 30% of Americans own a gun, there are another 14% that state another member of the household owns them.

Gil223

This whole video is almost COMPLETELY BS.

"In England it is so hard for criminals to get guns that most police aren't even armed..."

It's certainly not as difficult as it used to be.

Oh, yeah, THAT'S true-- 50 years ago...

From the Telegraph, Regarding British LEOs:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/6438601/Gun-crime-doubles-in-a-decade.html

However, note that the armed police are located in "high gun violence areas of London", which is about 610 square US miles in size. I believe it's implied that the majority of police are outside London and are not armed.

And from ABC, regarding England:
http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=3083618&page=1#.T-ppunCvXzI

250,000 illegal guns is still a relatively small amount in a country of 52,234,000 (.005%), but more than one might expect with their stringent gun laws.

Oh, and BTW, at least 80 of those guns in the hand of criminals in the UK got there by being smuggled in by an ex-US Marine Corps Captain...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/oct/05/steven-greenoe-gun-smuggling-trial

Greenoe's entrepreneurial skills must be lacking something, if he's standing trial for gun smuggling. ;) Pax...

gunns

I would love to get a list of all the anti-gun activists and mail them a nice 2 foot by 3 foot sign they could post in their yards.

Attachments

• NoGuns.jpg
    NoGuns.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 77

twpetry

I would love to get a list of all the anti-gun activists and mail them a nice 2 foot by 3 foot sign they could post in their yards.

That's actually a great idea! if all the libbies had these signs, imagine the increased crime rate targeted to these places, think they'd get the picture then?

HighFlyingA380

This country would be in a completely different place if we were required to carry.
That would be a sh**ty place to live. If some people choose not to own or carry firearms, that's perfectly fine with me. That's their right to choose what they want to do. My problem with them is when they try to take my guns.

That's good, but not very visible to criminals. Here's one I prefer: rob-me-I-wont-defend-myself-46839686831.jpeg

Last edited:

Automatica

Would anyone care to guess why Japan decided land warfare was not such a good idea in the USA during WWII?

Double points: Was gun ownership 3/10 in the 1940's?

Gil223

Would anyone care to guess why Japan decided land warfare was not such a good idea in the USA during WWII?

Double points: Was gun ownership 3/10 in the 1940's?

Supposedly, Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto proclaimed "Japan would never invade the United States. We would find a rifle behind every blade of grass." The popular attribution to Yamamoto is most likely erroneous, inasmuch as it has never been substantiated.

No clue on the 1940's, but today (if the 3/10 figure is at all accurate) the aggregate number of private gun owners have enough firearms to supply every man, woman and child in the USA with a gun. That would average out to 3.33 firearms per owner. (Somebody isn't doing their fair share! I have enough for almost 7 of those "statistical" gun owners. As a kid, in 1949 I discovered a footlocker in our basement, which contained an M3 "Grease Gun", a WWII helmet and three hand grenades. Apparently these items belonged to an uncle. I was unaware of just what they were at that time, and luckily, I was not extremely curious about them.) Pax...

Last edited: