Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Lock and load is pro open carry.

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas NV, ,
    Posts
    1,763

    Lock and load is pro open carry.

    Please see the edited thread about them. Ron has posted the sign is coming down now.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Henderson
    Posts
    1
    Hi Folks,

    In no way, shape or form am I trying to promote the business but just want to clarify our position on open carry. We have always been an open carry store and will continue to keep that policy. I have been very busy with a new project/range in town and if any of you frequent the store, you know I haven't been around much in the last 6-8 months.

    The employee who posted the "no open carry" sign stated that he put it up after an open carry customer removed his pistol and waived it at the staff. The customer wanted to show one of the guys behind the counter the mods he did to the gun. We have asked (I've done it on MANY occasions) that customers PLEASE KEEP FIREARMS HOLSTERED while in the store. Apparently this had just happened the day before and without asking, the employee posted the sign because he was so pissed. Another incident that week was from a customer who pulled an AK47 out of rifle case that was loaded and cleared it while pointing down the direction of the sales counter. I can definitely understand the frustration from my employees but I explained to them that it's not that the carrying customers (open or concealed) is the issue, but customers must be made aware of our policy that keeps loaded weapons from being drawn from a holster or removed from a bag.

    So, the old sign was pulled down immediately and the new notice will clearly ask customers to keep all firearms holstered OR cleared before entering the store.

    V/R
    Ron M Cheney

    Last edited by DoctorCheney223; 06-27-2012 at 11:37 AM.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    1,196
    So, your employees just post signs at the front door because they feel like it, without having to have approval of the management . . ?

    I'm not sure I buy that one, but your correction seems appropriate.

  4. #4
    Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    2,489
    Whether you buy the "story" or not is irrelevant. This was the proper response to customers complaints.

    FWIW THIS is the sign I would like to see


  5. #5
    Regular Member Sabotage70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fabulous Las Vegas, NV, ,
    Posts
    844
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorCheney223 View Post
    Hi Folks,

    In no way, shape or form am I trying to promote the business but just want to clarify our position on open carry. We have always been an open carry store and will continue to keep that policy. I have been very busy with a new project/range in town and if any of you frequent the store, you know I haven't been around much in the last 6-8 months.

    The employee who posted the "no open carry" sign stated that he put it up after an open carry customer removed his pistol and waived it at the staff. The customer wanted to show one of the guys behind the counter the mods he did to the gun. We have asked (I've done it on MANY occasions) that customers PLEASE KEEP FIREARMS HOLSTERED while in the store. Apparently this had just happened the day before and without asking, the employee posted the sign because he was so pissed. Another incident that week was from a customer who pulled an AK47 out of rifle case that was loaded and cleared it while pointing down the direction of the sales counter. I can definitely understand the frustration from my employees but I explained to them that it's not that the carrying customers (open or concealed) is the issue, but customers must be made aware of our policy that keeps loaded weapons from being drawn from a holster or removed from a bag.

    So, the old sign was pulled down immediately and the new notice will clearly ask customers to keep all firearms holstered OR cleared before entering the store.

    V/R
    Ron M Cheney

    Thank you sir. I found it odd when I seen the sign. I've had OC'ed in there many times and never received any cross looks. Once again thank you for clearing that up. Sorry about the dumbasses.
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

    RED DRAGONS!!!!

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas NV, ,
    Posts
    1,763
    Quote Originally Posted by DVC View Post
    So, your employees just post signs at the front door because they feel like it, without having to have approval of the management . . ?

    I'm not sure I buy that one, but your correction seems appropriate.
    Let me say this another way since your feelings must have been hurt by my other comments. Your assumption of Ron and his reasons are out of line.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    487

    Thumbs up

    Glad to see this was handled so promptly. His explanation is entirely plausible, and I am willing to accept it, and consider the matter finished. In fact, the fact that he went so far as to clear it up on these and other forums speaks volumes about his customer service. I for one appreciate the fast response, and transparency. I have not been into LnL, but I have been aware of them since I started seeing the commercials they ran sponsoring some of my favorite programs/networks. I will make it a point to stop in next time I am down that way, and will try to find something to buy. Twist my arm..

    :P

  8. #8
    Regular Member SovereignAxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Elizabethton, TN
    Posts
    795
    Sounds like your employee had a lapse in logic. I failed to see how banning open carry would stop someone from brandishing/muzzle sweeping. CCing does not preclude one from making that mistake. Hell, I've seen someone pull out their S&W Bodyguard from concealment to test a holster, and it was in a store that doesn't allow OC no less!

    But alas, I'm preaching to the choir here. Good to see common sense prevailed.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

    EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    1,196
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegassteve View Post
    Let me say this another way since your feelings must have been hurt by my other comments. Your assumption of Ron and his reasons are out of line.
    I haven't looked in here since I posted my message. I never saw the one that was deleted.

    I make no assumptions on this. I've never worked at a business where employees felt it to be their right to post signs at the front door without getting specific clearance from above, and find it VERY hard to believe that a gun shop would have such lax oversight. Now that the sign has been removed, the problem is over anyhow.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas NV, ,
    Posts
    1,763
    Quote Originally Posted by DVC View Post
    I haven't looked in here since I posted my message. I never saw the one that was deleted.

    I make no assumptions on this. I've never worked at a business where employees felt it to be their right to post signs at the front door without getting specific clearance from above, and find it VERY hard to believe that a gun shop would have such lax oversight. Now that the sign has been removed, the problem is over anyhow.
    Do you wake up every day and say, "MMM I am going to argue everything today." You did make an assumption, and a accusation that Ron was lying. And then you just did it again in this post. He was not, he has been in another store working and left this one to others. It happens when people expand. Just because you have never done something like worked in a biz that does something. Doesnt mean it cant happen. Please leave this forum, you cause more issues than you help.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    1,196
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegassteve View Post
    Do you wake up every day and say, "MMM I am going to argue everything today." You did make an assumption, and a accusation that Ron was lying. And then you just did it again in this post. He was not, he has been in another store working and left this one to others. It happens when people expand. Just because you have never done something like worked in a biz that does something. Doesnt mean it cant happen. Please leave this forum, you cause more issues than you help.
    I never accused Ron of lying.

    I said that I had my doubts about his explanation. Those doubts are based on having been an employee, a manager and a business owner myself. I also said that my doubts don't matter, because the issue was resolved. That is the IMPORTANT thing.

    I never said that it could not happen. It is entirely possible that it did. But I don't know Ron, and learned long ago not to accept everything that I see on the Internet as being the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. You considered it appropriate to attack me for not having the same faith in your friend that you do . . .was that supposed to increase my faith in him . . ?

    YOU are the one who is attacking and making accusations. You accused me of having your initial attack deleted, which is not true -- someone ELSE considered whatever you wrote to be unacceptable, complained, and whoever was in charge agreed with them. If they had asked me, I would have said to leave your post as it was, because I'm not into censorship -- you have the right to say any damn dumb thing you please, just as I have the right to point out when you are wrong -- or correct myself when _I_ am in the wrong, or explain how what you think I said wasn't what I meant to say.

    In your worldview, apparently it is fine for YOU to accuse, but not for ME to. Apparently it is fine for YOU to censor, but not for ME to. The true irony is that I did NOT accuse and did NOT censor -- you only thought that I had.

    As far as my leaving the forum, consider that I have not had posts deleted here, and you just did, so that might tell you something about the relative content of yours and mine. You might get someone to throw me out, but until then I will post on any topic that I find of interest, just as you should.. If that poses a problem for you, then CLOSE YOUR EYES when you see one of my posts come up, thus to avoid bruising your tender sensibilities.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    La Paz county, Arizona.
    Posts
    338
    thanks Ron, I look forward to shopping at lock and load during my next Vegas trip and will tell the folks on all the different gun forums I frequent that lock and load is the place to go while visiting Vegas.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •