• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nice OC Evening with Soon-To-be-Wife

1supra

The people that usually say something about my sidearm are normally kids. lol. Went to play mini golf and had a kid about 11 or 12 tell me "nice piece". lol. Had a guy at Walgreens that told me "be careful out there tonight". I think he thought I was an LEO. Could have been due to the tan pants and navy blue shirt. Then had a guy at the gas station say "I wouldn't be surprised to see more people starting to carry". All very positive encounters.

1supra

5 between my wife and I yes.. 3 are moved out and my daughter lives w/ her mom in Colorado Springs.

I love having kids out and I think I do a good job teaching young 'uns ..
Kids are absolutely welcome out here w/ parental consent / supervision..

--Rob

I love seeing youths being taught about firearms.

Rob,
you now have a second range safety officer to watch the young 'uns lol :p

Beau

Hello Beau,

I hope you're doing okay! Yea downtown Elizabeth was choked in smoke last night. It was raining ash a little bit, I kept brushing off white ash off of the black shirt I was wearing. The haze was a pretty amazing sight and I took a few pictures of it. I was talking to my fiancée last night about bugging out if we had to, she said where would we go? I told her we could go to her parents and she said they are smoked out too from the fires by Boulder. *sigh* Sure hope we all get some good rain soon. I hope to see you around sometime soon! We will have to have a little OC meet up!

Stay safe,

Keens
I'm doing pretty good. We got some ash out here also. Having a bug out plan is good. It's not so much where you would go as it is are you ready to go. I'm sure we'll bump into each other eventually.

Hello Widowman,

We have a kid in the house, so she asks that I keep my sidearm unloaded and in the safe when not in use.

Keens
I have two kids in the house which is why I always have a loaded firearm with in reach or on my person. Essentially it's always in use.

mahkagari

I have two kids in the house which is why I always have a loaded firearm with in reach or on my person. Essentially it's always in use.

Wow, most my Dad ever had to do was reach for his belt. Now, that I've got two of my own I've definitely had to work on my "Dad voice", but dang they don't get THAT out of hand! Well, yet.