• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Annoying employee at Home Depot in High Point - Story inside!!

Captain Spankz

So I was OC'ing like normal and had to make a quick errand run to the hardware store to help a friend pick out items for his store. While we where there for a good 30-45 minutes grabbing things and putting them in the cart we eventually crossed paths with the wrong employee. This guy was pushing the elderly side, not quite old enough to be collecting social but I wouldn't ask him to help me pick something up. He sees that I am OC'ing and quickly rushes up to me.

Employee : "Are you a cop?"

Me : "Do you need one right now?"

The employee stares at me for a few seconds then states : "You can't have that in here"

Me : "Your front doors have never posted signs saying I can't nor do they right now. I have shopped here and other Home Depot and Lowes multiple times without having any issues sir."

Employee : "You need to come with me" *Has this look of judging on whether or not to try to drag me somewhere*

Me to my friend : "Just keep shopping I'll be back once this is straightened out."

The employee and I walk up front.

Me : "We can go look at the front doors and entrance if you don't believe me."

Employee : "No my manager is going to settle this."

The employee then calls his manager on the walkie they have and the thing was loud enough for me to hear him.

Employee : "I have this guy here who has a firearm on him."

Manager: "Like a pistol?"

Employee : "Yeah he's got it on his side in the open."

Manager : "Okay is he causing any problems?"

Employee : "No he was just shopping and he's here with me right now figuring this out. He says he can have it here legally."

Manager : "It's illegal to carry in the state but our company doesn't have a policy against it.. If he's just shopping I don't care let him be."

Employee turns to me and says : "Alright you can go back to shopping."

I was staring at him the whole time waiting to have my turn to talk : "Thanks but you should..."

Employee literally walked away from me mid sentenced.

So at the time I was in a good mood prior and after the incident even though it was annoying to be hassled and then not allowed to help teach them the right info but it wasn't like I really lost more than 5 minutes or so of my life dealing with it. I figured it would be a good post to see if anybody else has ever had a problem in that store with maybe that employee? I literally had to passed 13 other store employees before I ran into him too.

Sorry if it was long/drawn out but hey reading is good to do :p

Medic1210

Manager said it was illegal to carry in the state? Anyway, I would have probably not gone anywhere with the employee if he was being a Richard to me. I would have insisted he bring the manager to me. As it was the way you handled it, I would have promptly told that employee to get the manager and then filed a complaint at how rude the employee was, and that his actions and treatment toward me was unacceptable, and enough to make me empty my buggy and go to Lowes.

cap-n-ball

Sounds like someone needs to educate the manager as I have known it to be illegal to carry in North Carolina unless posted. Around Salisbury they are likely to freak out but I open carry quite often.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
PLEASE write a respectful letter to the store describing the employee's rudeness and obvious lack of authority to thusly interfere with customers in obviously carrying out his own agenda. Describe details and times sufficiently so they may identify this rogue employee and the manager who recognized this was not an issue. Please be sure to include the employee's purposeful disrespect in turning away from you when you were given the green light by his superior.

razor_baghdad

PLEASE write a respectful letter to the store describing the employee's rudeness and obvious lack of authority to thusly interfere with customers in obviously carrying out his own agenda. Describe details and times sufficiently so they may identify this rogue employee and the manager who recognized this was not an issue. Please be sure to include the employee's purposeful disrespect in turning away from you when you were given the green light by his superior.

+++++

That employee should've gone into a$$kissing mode right about then.

You were perfectly respectful throughout the encounter, time to PC "help" that employee do the same.

PistolPackingMomma

Manager said it was illegal to carry in the state? Anyway, I would have probably not gone anywhere with the employee if he was being a Richard to me. I would have insisted he bring the manager to me. As it was the way you handled it, I would have promptly told that employee to get the manager and then filed a complaint at how rude the employee was, and that his actions and treatment toward me was unacceptable, and enough to make me empty my buggy and go to Lowes.

+1

Chief1297

You were very nice. I cant imagine he would have liked my response to his "you need to come with me" statement and most likely I would have been asked to leave AFTER my comments. I have the capability to be nice, but when disrespected, not the ability.