• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Great Video of Student Schooling Officer on OC

cch10000

I truly don't care about the brady bunch folks,,, we'll never convince them firearms are not the most evil things on earth anyway

More concerned about the folks who are interested in learning the truth about the laws and why I carry and to bring the good ones into the light

Did he need to video and post it ,, yea ,, what if noone posted anything about OC we wouldn't be here talking about it,, are all the videos good, no, are they all bad, no, I Take what I can from them all and go from there.

ch

Bellum_Intus

I truly don't care about the brady bunch folks,,, we'll never convince them firearms are not the most evil things on earth anyway

More concerned about the folks who are interested in learning the truth about the laws and why I carry and to bring the good ones into the light

Did he need to video and post it ,, yea ,, what if noone posted anything about OC we wouldn't be here talking about it,, are all the videos good, no, are they all bad, no, I Take what I can from them all and go from there.

ch

At least we're all on the same team :p ..
I agree that we need to teach... and advocate.. I just don't think baiting is how to do it..
You guys are gonna hate me when I get sworn huh? :p

--Rob

porterhouse83

ch

I agree 100%!

twoskinsonemanns

Complete BS.
Question was said person committing a crime?
Was there any RAS that he had just, was about to commit a crime?
NO.

I applaud the video and the person accosted for posting it.

But congratulations to those of you who insist on granting the popo the power to strip the rights away of people without RAS.
Your probably proud of yourselves.... and that's sad. Just remember when it's your turn to get raped but the cops for no reason, and maybe your charged with some sham-statue about obstruction, people around here may come back and look at your post before donating to your legal fees.

Bellum_Intus

Complete BS.
Question was said person committing a crime?
Was there any RAS that he had just, was about to commit a crime?
NO.

I applaud the video and the person accosted for posting it.

But congratulations to those of you who insist on granting the popo the power to strip the rights away of people without RAS.
Your probably proud of yourselves.... and that's sad. Just remember when it's your turn to get raped but the cops for no reason, and maybe your charged with some sham-statue about obstruction, people around here may come back and look at your post before donating to your legal fees.

Woohoo! my first flame!! erm.. why would I need legal fees?
I've been Oc'ing for 10 years.. I'd been upholding your right to flame me for 18... and I'm one hell of a good OC advocate =)

--Rob

Last edited:

mahkagari

when the Brady bunch see's these types of videos, it's not HELPFUL to our cause.. trust me.. I know a few of those.. (they ARE NOT my friends.. :p )

But which "third" do they fall in? I.e. a third of the people on any issue are staunchly on your side. Another third will be opposed to you no matter WHAT rational argument you present. EVERYTHING will be harmful to your cause in their eyes. If you breathe they'll find fault in it.

It's the middle third that can be swayed. The Brady Bunch is not in the middle. In fact, I hope they use videos like this. It's a coin toss as to whether someone in the middle third will consider the OCer's attitude as steadfast or beligerent. But I want that tree shaken. I want those who are unaware of their rights to be woken up and say, "WTF? The guy is citing laws to the LEO and the LEO still says, 'Too bad, it's common practice and I'm gonna break the law anyhow'? The supervisor acknowledges the LAC was in the right and the LEO is still gonna pull attitude? Oh, helllll no!"

The only place something like this would not be helpful to our cause is at a Brady Bunch rally. And those yahoos will use pictures of aphids being eaten by ladybugs against us.

Woohoo! my first flame!!

And he only had to come all the way from WV!

Bellum_Intus

The only place something like this would not be helpful to our cause is at a Brady Bunch rally. And those yahoos will use pictures of aphids being eaten by ladybugs against us.

And he only had to come all the way from WV!

LMAO!! Aphids.. :p

And yeah, I really don't mind flames, we're all entitled to our opinions.. I'll keep mine.. he'll keep his.. and hopefully we can all sing songs around the campfire.. Kumbaya...

--Rob

twoskinsonemanns

Ok I'm about to get flamed to hell and back..

So you know your going to dump all over what this site stands for....
Why are you here? Which agenda are you pushing? If your an anti-right advocate why not make it clear? Why the deception?

Bellum_Intus

So you know your going to dump all over what this site stands for....
Why are you here? Which agenda are you pushing? If your an anti-right advocate why not make it clear? Why the deception?

I'm here because I am an OC advocate... I am a HUGE 2a advocate .. my fb even has 2a in it :p .. Just because I do not believe in some people approach, doesn't mean I'm not an advocate.. Because I respect our law Enforcement ( holy, maybe this is why I've never had a negative LEO encounter!), doesn't mean I'm anti - rights..

Just the mention of that is borderline offensive.. I spent 18 years supporting and defending the Constitution of the United States.. But, you are entitled to your opinion of me.. and to be honest, it won't and doesn't bother me for you to think I'm whatever you think I am..

There is no deception.. Many here know me personally.. and I'm sure they can tell you how pro gun rights I am :p

Perhaps it's because most of our LEO's in Colorado aren't idiots.. maybe I'm jaded.. who knows.. but I will never encourage anyone to advocate by being a dirtbag YT vidiot digging for a lawsuit against anyone because I the tax payer.. will write the check..

--Rob

Last edited:

porterhouse83

I'm here because I am an OC advocate... I am a HUGE 2a advocate .. my fb even has 2a in it :p .. Just because I do not believe in some people approach, doesn't mean I'm not an advocate.. Because I respect our law Enforcement, doesn't mean I'm anti - rights..

Just the mention of that is borderline offensive.. I spent 18 years supporting and defending the Constitution of the United States.. But, you are entitled to your opinion of me.. and to be honest, it won't and doesn't bother me for you to think I'm whatever you think I am..

There is no deception.. Many here know me personally.. and I'm sure they can tell you how pro gun rights I am :p

Perhaps it's because most of our LEO's in Colorado aren't idiots.. maybe I'm jaded.. who knows.. but I will never encourage anyone to advocate by being a dirtbag YT vidiot digging for a lawsuit against anyone because I the tax payer.. will write the check..

--Rob
Many LEO do not deserve respect. Visit Baltimore then take a trip to New York. Take a good look around and see the cops are why drugs are on the street. While your there you can visit the graves of my friends who were killed by cops who felt my friends owed them money for the drugs they tried to sell them. They are dead because they declined the offers. I have no hard feelings toward you just pointing out not every one views law enforcement as you do. I see corruption when ever I see a cop or cop car.

Bellum_Intus

Many LEO do not deserve respect. Visit Baltimore then take a trip to New York. Take a good look around and see the cops are why drugs are on the street. While your there you can visit the graves of my friends who were killed by cops who felt my friends owed them money for the drugs they tried to sell them. They are dead because they declined the offers. I have no hard feelings toward you just pointing out not every one views law enforcement as you do. I see corruption when ever I see a cop or cop car.

I don't go there, they have idiotic gun laws.. :p If I move it'll be to Alaska, Wyoming, Arizona or Vermont. =)

But yes, I can see the point there.. there are bad cops, bad people and bad laws..
AND .. I do feel for your friends, if an LEO is a murderer, they are no better than a murderer.. I try to look for the best in people, and give most the benefit of the doubt, until they prove me wrong..

PS.. When I get sworn, I hope you don't hate me because I have a uniform! (eh, it's part time anyway.. )

--Rob

Last edited:

porterhouse83

I don't go there, they have idiotic gun laws.. :p If I move it'll be to Alaska, Wyoming, Arizona or Vermont. =)

But yes, I can see the point there.. there are bad cops, bad people and bad laws..
AND .. I do feel for your friends, if an LEO is a murderer, they are no better than a murderer.. I try to look for the best in people, and give most the benefit of the doubt, until they prove me wrong..

PS.. When I get sworn, I hope you don't hate me because I have a uniform! (eh, it's part time anyway.. )

--Rob

As a christian man I hate no one bud ( with the exception of child molesters,rapist,murderers). I would just be very cautious of you in uniform if I saw you and did not know who you were :)

Last edited:

Bellum_Intus

As a christian man I hate no one bud ( with the exception of child molesters,rapist,murderers). I would just be very cautious of you in uniform if I saw you and did not know who you were :)

I promise not to bully any OC'ers... I actually DEFEND *us* to one of my fellow Rangers (well, I'm not sworn yet.. but still 'fellow' ) who doesn't 'like' OC (he doesn't bully ppl btw).. he tells me just get a CHP, my response is.. why.. I don't need one.. :p He freaked out when I told him I go to my bank Open.. hah..

Most of the Rangers here really don't care about OC... same with El Paso SD.. we're the CHP capital of Colorado anyway..

--Rob

Last edited:

MKEgal

Bellum_Intus said:
I always tell people to just give the man your license and get on your way.
Which only reinforces to them their (false) belief that it's OK to demand ID of any citizen whenever they feel like it!
Then when they run into someone who knows & values her right to be left alone, that person's day is made much more difficult.
Stopping the bad behaviour at the time is much more effective than winning a lawsuit months down the road & having their employer pay you thousands of dollars.
If you have a piddling puppy, do you scold him at the time he makes a mess, or do you let him pee on the carpet, then hit him with a newspaper a couple days later?

my beef is when people video the encounter
Why?
Cops have video. Supposedly it protects them if they're accused of wrongdoing.
If they're doing nothing wrong, why should they care if a citizen or a news crew is videotaping them?
They're public servants, in public places, with absolutely no expectation of privacy.

Making a video of an encounter with PD employees allowed me to show the judge in no uncertain terms that their sworn statements were bald-faced lies & what I said was true.
I hope they were punished for perjury, but I don't know how to find out.

How exactly is it 'baiting' for someone to carry a newspaper in front of a cop?
Or wear a cross?
Or have coffee with friends?
Why is it only the second Amendment that waaaay too many officers seem to have trouble with?
(Well, OK, it's not the only one they have problems with... the 4A & 5A come to mind too.)

Bellum_Intus

MKE.
Didn't want to flood quote..

I never said I condone the PD's actions if they violate my 2nd, 4th, 5th, 14th (sometimes indirectly) Amendment rights.. I would choose to fight it after I am home, there's no reason to go to jail and spend 20k to get out of a BS charge..
I'd rather 'comply' and leave in 5 minutes and then deal with it..

As far as videos.. I'm sorry, most of the YT video's i've seen re: OC look like baiting and bully tactics and EVERY person i've shown them to all say the same thing, they (we) are lunatics.. I can't tell you how many times I've had to 'convince' people, we're not insane as a result of their viewing videos on YT, in fact, I had a three hour lunch with some random person in Walmart trying to explain to him we're advocating a right and we're not all vidiots.. when we make those videos are we not basically stooping to the level of the ones we're trying to 'fight' ? I can't do that, and I will never encourage it.. Of course, I tend to meet older people.. maybe that's it.. I dont know.. I PERSONALLY feel most of these 'video' makers are just in it for the rush.. IMO an advocate isn't in it for his/herself. (lawsuit larry!)

Don't get me wrong, I am a firm believer in the Constitution, but I pick my battles.. I don't pick fights that'll get me hemmed up in cuffs, right or wrong.. Also, don't think for a moment that I would not fight for a persons rights I feel are violated, including my own.. I think my military service proves that :p ..

We're on the same team, just have different tactics.. I don't approve of some tactics, but that doesn't make me wrong .. it makes me different..

--Rob

PS.. Maybe someday i'll share my 14th Amendment fight here in Colorado.. not dealing w/ firearms though :p

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

I always tell people to just give the man your license and get on your way..

MKE.

I'd rather 'comply'.......

It's fine if your want to stroke each shiny badge and cower to avoid their threatening gaze. That's your prerogative. But I am for standing up for the rights we have left. Your attitude just reinforces this idea that LEOs are free to do anything they want without reason. If your type of attitude continous it's contagious spread the next step could be random house calls. "Just checking papers. Any guns in the house? Ok I got to make sure your not a felon." It's not that much different then someone walking down the street.

But I guess I get it. You're a wanna be cop (almost there by your own account) so your anti rights ideology is more understandable. Your gonna be one-of-the-boys soon. Gotta get that citizen despising, power hungry stance perfected.

mobiushky

We should all remember that some of these guys, particularly in California, are doing it as a specific protest. They have seen their rights completely thrashed by the state and a lot of them are doing the only thing they feel they can. It might actually work against them, who knows. But the recent bill that passed outlawed OC in Cali. Completely. But there was a loophole. The law only applied to handguns. SO the recent rash of YT videos up showing long gun OC (mosin nagant, AK etc) is a protest because it's the only way they can OC in CA now. They can't carry a handgun, but they can OC a rifle. Go figure.

My fear is, because CA is a SUCH a wacked out state, that's really going to work against them.

I saw a report last night on I think CNN. They were detailing the search for a known rapist in the LA area. They call him the tear drop rapist. His spree started in 1996!!! 96!! He has assaulted at least 35 women in the LA area and he's back at it now. Why? Cause no one in LA is allowed to carry a gun anymore. Sure you can get a CCW if you are one of the top donations to the sheriff's Dept. CA is a "May issue" state. And they wonder why this guy hasn't been stopped? I feel CA is a lost cause. I feel sorry for the people who live there and can't get out.

mobiushky

It's fine if your want to stroke each shiny badge and cower to avoid their threatening gaze. That's your prerogative. But I am for standing up for the rights we have left. Your attitude just reinforces this idea that LEOs are free to do anything they want without reason. If your type of attitude continous it's contagious spread the next step could be random house calls. "Just checking papers. Any guns in the house? Ok I got to make sure your not a felon." It's not that much different then someone walking down the street.

But I guess I get it. You're a wanna be cop (almost there by your own account) so your anti rights ideology is more understandable. Your gonna be one-of-the-boys soon. Gotta get that citizen despising, power hungry stance perfected.

Seriously? Are you just arguing for the sake of arguing? Do you even know Rob? I do. And he's NOTHING like this asinine remark. He's a lot more level headed than you are apparently.

JamesB

Seriously? Are you just arguing for the sake of arguing? Do you even know Rob? I do. And he's NOTHING like this asinine remark. He's a lot more level headed than you are apparently.

While I personally have not yet met Rob, he sounds like a great guy.

But if you remove all referances in your quoted post to any living individual, there are some significant points being made.
Disagreeing with someone does not automatically make it a criticism of ther person.

I too fear the slow encrochment of the government into my personal life. I too am suspicious of any small step that is pointed toward that goal, whether intentional or not.