• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Great Video of Student Schooling Officer on OC

mobiushky

While I personally have not yet met Rob, he sounds like a great guy.

But if you remove all referances in your quoted post to any living individual, there are some significant points being made.
Disagreeing with someone does not automatically make it a criticism of ther person.

I too fear the slow encrochment of the government into my personal life. I too am suspicious of any small step that is pointed toward that goal, whether intentional or not.

the part I was specifically refering to was this:

But I guess I get it. You're a wanna be cop (almost there by your own account) so your anti rights ideology is more understandable. Your gonna be one-of-the-boys soon. Gotta get that citizen despising, power hungry stance perfected.

Rob knows that while I agree with a lot of his stance, I diverge when it comes to standing my ground as it were. I have no problem refusing to show ID and asking to be let go for an unlawful detainment. But I do agree with him that HOW you do it is most important. And I agree with him that baiting into an altercation only makes things worse. I read the thread posted by the guy in the video. It seems he isn't baiting because he never planned on this incident. HE was stopped 7 times and actually arrested once. SO I think he's just sick of it so he started recording them.

Bellum_Intus

the part I was specifically refering to was this:
Rob knows that while I agree with a lot of his stance, I diverge when it comes to standing my ground as it were. I have no problem refusing to show ID and asking to be let go for an unlawful detainment. But I do agree with him that HOW you do it is most important. And I agree with him that baiting into an altercation only makes things worse. I read the thread posted by the guy in the video. It seems he isn't baiting because he never planned on this incident. HE was stopped 7 times and actually arrested once. SO I think he's just sick of it so he started recording them.

WHY was he stopped 7 times though, that's what I don't get.. I've never been stopped.. anywhere.. Does he put himself in the position to be stopped?
THATS why I think a lot of these video people are 'baiting' .. There's got to be a reason that I've never been stopped in 10 years, and he's been stopped 7 and forced to video encounters..
I think if we find that reason, we've found the magic bullet..

The poster who is hell bent on calling me whatever.. no worries.. I know who I am and it really doesn't bother me that he thinks whatever.. I don't get worked up over people disagreeing with me..

--Rob

Bellum_Intus

But I guess I get it. You're a wanna be cop (almost there by your own account) so your anti rights ideology is more understandable. Your gonna be one-of-the-boys soon. Gotta get that citizen despising, power hungry stance perfected.

Is there a Bwahahhahahahahaa! icon anywhere?

I am entering into volunteer law enforcement as a Colorado Mounted Ranger.. after serving in the Military for 18 years, this is a way I can be a positive influence as I am not a military member any longer.. I do what I can to help my community, this is my way of giving back.. So.. if you feel that is power hungry.. so be it..

PS.. I hold no ill will toward you for your attitude about me.. it's your right do feel whatever you'd like =)

--Rob

Last edited:

Bellum_Intus

I saw a report last night on I think CNN. They were detailing the search for a known rapist in the LA area. They call him the tear drop rapist. His spree started in 1996!!! 96!! He has assaulted at least 35 women in the LA area and he's back at it now. Why? Cause no one in LA is allowed to carry a gun anymore. Sure you can get a CCW if you are one of the top donations to the sheriff's Dept. CA is a "May issue" state. And they wonder why this guy hasn't been stopped? I feel CA is a lost cause. I feel sorry for the people who live there and can't get out.

Yep, don't get me started on Gun Control Laws.. You've been to my Second Amendment FB page.. I think you know how I feel about draconian Gun laws..
I can quote study after study .. but I end up beating my head against the wall trying to convince the anti-gun lobby.. Did you see the post where I called Rahm Emanuel a moron? lol [Edit] I actually said "he's too stupid to listen" [Edit] "moron" was there as well haha

--Rob

Last edited:

mobiushky

WHY was he stopped 7 times though, that's what I don't get.. I've never been stopped.. anywhere.. Does he put himself in the position to be stopped?
THATS why I think a lot of these video people are 'baiting' .. There's got to be a reason that I've never been stopped in 10 years, and he's been stopped 7 and forced to video encounters..
I think if we find that reason, we've found the magic bullet..

The poster who is hell bent on calling me whatever.. no worries.. I know who I am and it really doesn't bother me that he thinks whatever.. I don't get worked up over people disagreeing with me..

--Rob

All I can say is to bear in mind that the political climate is different in different areas of the country. This guy is from Portland, ME. Which isn't exactly as open minded and comfortable with handguns as Colorado. My guess is he was stopped because some gun nazi called on him. From his responses in the thread he doesn't seem to be all THAT militant. But everyone can be pushed to a limit. His letter to the Police Dept is actually very well thought out and reasonable. At least to me it was.

Last edited:

Bellum_Intus

All I can say is to bear in mind that the political climate is different in different areas of the country. This guy is from Portland, ME. Which isn't exactly as open minded and comfortable with handguns as Colorado. My guess is he was stopped because some gun nazi called on him. From his responses in the thread he doesn't seem to be all THAT militant. But everyone can be pushed to a limit. His letter to the Police Dept is actually very well thought out and reasonable. At least to me it was.

That may be true, I have an 'in law' who is running for office up there (Maine).. hmm .. perhaps I can influence if he wins lol .. Oh .. on that! He was down for my step-daughters graduation and seemed comfortable with the fact I was carrying.. (no not at the graduation :p) .. humm.. maybe hope..

I may be a bit Jaded.. I avoid states with moronic firearm laws..

Also, I'm not just referring to the video posted by the OP, it's pretty much across the board.

--Rob

Edit to add.. I am trying to contact him now to find out what his attitude on OC is.. gimme a bit..

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

This is the real problem I have with these types of attitudes. What position did he put himself in to be stopped.
There is a portion of people that say if you own a gun your asking for trouble.
There is a portion that think owning a gun is okay but taking out of the home is asking for trouble.
There is a portion that think carrying is okay as long as it is CC.
There is a portion that thing OC is okay if you do it a certain way..ie how you dress, how you talk to cops, where you do it, why you do it.

There is also a portion that think if your legal your okay, and shouldn't be subject to cop harassment.

I'm sick of the it's okay for me but not for you attitude.

There are plenty of people that think every time you OC you are "baiting" the cops.

LoneEchoWolf

It looks like all the none Coloradans are out to cause trouble, they obviously do it to bait the cops, getting stopped for OC 7 times is just sad and obviously they put themselves in these situations to make a "funny YT video" or out looking for a buck. yes there are some REAL people out there having REAL trouble with the cops which we need to put our efforts into and protect our constitution. Aurora comes to mind.. I have three videos of my run in withs LEO are they on YT? no, has anyone but me seen them? NO. are they for my protection and to be used in court if they ever have to be? YES. you really think that if you ever really have to take the PD to court that the judge isn't going to look back at the thousands of YT videos you posted of you messing with the cops but is going to look at a OC forum and use that against you? Whoever is out to bait the cops are dumb and deserve to be stopped they may be unstable or out looking for the cops to shoot them so they don't have to do it them selves. Suicide by cop happens every day, and most of them the person provokes the police into action, just as this guy provokes them to stop him 7 times or more. Cant wait till this guy actually needs help, or gets into a situation in which he has to call the police then wonders why hes met with such hostile aggression. i don't give a flying F**k what you people have to flame about, maybe bring some logic and composure to your lives. Say what you want i don't care, I live in Colorado with a bunch of like minded smart individuals who have better things to do, like a job, family, friends, and training than go out and try to get into some trouble. to me that kid is nothing more than a trouble maker who makes us all look bad, one call sure, two ok i see that, three, you have to start thinking about what your doing, wearing, saying, acting, to get this kind of attention. Theres hundreds of none provoked illegal stops and seizures every day lets put our attention on some of these than a guy trying to get views on a video streaming website. brings to mind that guy we recently talked about who putting videos on-line where he talks about pulling his sidearm on almost anyone that looks shady, no matter the situation and advocating this to other OC'ers, hell he hasn't even been arrested for that kind of action, bet not even a MWAG call. how the hell does that happen and yet this guy gets stopped more than all of us? seems kinda fishy to me.. but I'm logical. find it funny people try to come on the Colorado thread and talk ****, but fail to realize were a close nit group and one of us has prob met another or had long discussions with each other unlike the trolls in other threads looking for a quick fight.

Semper-Fi
~Wolf~

Edit: To clarify, yes the cop acted completely ignorant and used the wrong procedures, clearly violated his rights, and seized his firearm. he was wrong in the situation. but 7 times or more? really... common

Last edited:

mobiushky

That may be true, I have an 'in law' who is running for office up there (Maine).. hmm .. perhaps I can influence if he wins lol .. Oh .. on that! He was down for my step-daughters graduation and seemed comfortable with the fact I was carrying.. (no not at the graduation :p) .. humm.. maybe hope..

I may be a bit Jaded.. I avoid states with moronic firearm laws..

Also, I'm not just referring to the video posted by the OP, it's pretty much across the board.

--Rob

Edit to add.. I am trying to contact him now to find out what his attitude on OC is.. gimme a bit..

Totally understand. It seems like weeding out the morons from the legitimate actions on YT is nearly impossible. I don't really anticipate ever having a negative interaction with a LEO in CO.

LOL! Funny story. The day I went to file my paperwork for my CHP I naturally had my gun with me. I wasn't sure about the rules re carry at the sheriff's office. Well, they don't allow it. They have metal detectors on the way in. Thoughtfully though I had left my gun in the car sort of anticipating this. So I threw my back pack up that had all my papers and my tablet etc, on the scanner. And as soon as it hit the x-ray, it dawned on me. I left my mag pouch with 2 loaded mags and my leatherman with multiple knives in the backpack... I walked through the detector and the lady says, is there something metal in here? Like a flashlight or something? I said, "I'm really sorry I completely forgot that I left my flashlight, my leatherman, and 2 loaded mags in the bag." She asked why I was there and if I was LEO? I said, no, I'm just here to file my CHP papers. So they searched the bad and took the mag pouch and knive. I asked what now? Do I leave it here? The officer who searched my bag no we can't keep things like this here. So I'm thinking, well I don't want to lose them. I asked, can I take it back to my car? He said sure. I was very polite and said I'm really sorry for this, I'll take it back to the car. He made me go back to the exit and handed them to me at the exit. On the way back through I left the bag and only brought the tablet and my papers. Told them, "let's try this again..." We all laughed the second time. They were all very nice about it.

Bellum_Intus

Totally understand. It seems like weeding out the morons from the legitimate actions on YT is nearly impossible. I don't really anticipate ever having a negative interaction with a LEO in CO.
He made me go back to the exit and handed them to me at the exit. On the way back through I left the bag and only brought the tablet and my papers. Told them, "let's try this again..." We all laughed the second time. They were all very nice about it.

I had almost the same experience at the El Paso County courthouse! hah! Mine was a knife in a backpack.. same result, he gave me the knife to take back to my car at the exit .. rofl..

--Rob

mobiushky

It looks like all the none Coloradans are out to cause trouble, they obviously do it to bait the cops, getting stopped for OC 7 times is just sad and obviously they put themselves in these situations to make a "funny YT video" or out looking for a buck. yes there are some REAL people out there having REAL trouble with the cops which we need to put our efforts into and protect our constitution. Aurora comes to mind.. I have three videos of my run in withs LEO are they on YT? no, has anyone but me seen them? NO. are they for my protection and to be used in court if they ever have to be? YES. you really think that if you ever really have to take the PD to court that the judge isn't going to look back at the thousands of YT videos you posted of you messing with the cops but is going to look at a OC forum and use that against you? Whoever is out to bait the cops are dumb and deserve to be stopped they may be unstable or out looking for the cops to shoot them so they don't have to do it them selves. Suicide by cop happens every day, and most of them the person provokes the police into action, just as this guy provokes them to stop him 7 times or more. Cant wait till this guy actually needs help, or gets into a situation in which he has to call the police then wonders why hes met with such hostile aggression. i don't give a flying F**k what you people have to flame about, maybe bring some logic and composure to your lives. Say what you want i don't care, I live in Colorado with a bunch of like minded smart individuals who have better things to do, like a job, family, friends, and training than go out and try to get into some trouble. to me that kid is nothing more than a trouble maker who makes us all look bad, one call sure, two ok i see that, three, you have to start thinking about what your doing, wearing, saying, acting, to get this kind of attention. Theres hundreds of none provoked illegal stops and seizures every day lets put our attention on some of these than a guy trying to get views on a video streaming website. brings to mind that guy we recently talked about who putting videos on-line where he talks about pulling his sidearm on almost anyone that looks shady, no matter the situation and advocating this to other OC'ers, hell he hasn't even been arrested for that kind of action, bet not even a MWAG call. how the hell does that happen and yet this guy gets stopped more than all of us? seems kinda fishy to me.. but I'm logical. find it funny people try to come on the Colorado thread and talk ****, but fail to realize were a close nit group and one of us has prob met another or had long discussions with each other unlike the trolls in other threads looking for a quick fight.

Semper-Fi
~Wolf~
Hey Lone, just keep in mind that just because it's posted on YT doesn't mean it was an attempt to provoke. This guy was arrested the first time he OC'd and the charges were dropped. He only has 2 of these videos posted because he was getting sick of being harassed and wanted to document it. He has stated that he was being harassed before and finally decided to start documenting it. The first video is audio only.

Now I'm not defending the jerks who do it to piss of cops. All I'm saying is, other states are VERY different on how they treat the OC community. How would you feel if a cop came up to you in Wal-mart for no reason? Physically took your gun and unloaded it and demanded your ID and detained you? Out of nowhere? Remember what happened to Bill Miller at Loveland Lake in 2008? Same thing. He wasn't baiting anyone. He ended up suing and won. Now what if that happened to you every time you went out? Eventually you'd get frustrated and want to do something. This guy finally did. The interesting thing to me is listen to the first one, then watch the second. The amount of information he learned between the 2 is amazing. He's lost and clueless in the first, and knows the laws in the second.

Having said that, there definitely are people who are doing it to make a buck and to bait and provoke. No doubt. But for some, they feel like they have no other choice. It's just tough to know which is which. The cool thing is, this guy is a member here on OCDO. So you can actually talk to him and get his side.

Bellum_Intus

Having said that, there definitely are people who are doing it to make a buck and to bait and provoke. No doubt. But for some, they feel like they have no other choice. It's just tough to know which is which. The cool thing is, this guy is a member here on OCDO. So you can actually talk to him and get his side.

That's cool.. I'd like to talk to him offline and get his side.. just maybe to clarify in my head what happened and / why he got stopped 7 times..

I'm trying to contact my 'in law' who is running for office in Maine to see what his stand on OC is as well.. (sheesh, I must be a jerk anti-OC guy for doing that lol ) ..

Again, I'm not really bashing the video here.. just the general attitude.. like the nutjob talking about how he'd shoot people and gave us a stellar demonstration of how to draw a firearm from a cheap holster.. remember that one? lol

--Rob

Last edited:

mobiushky

That's cool.. I'd like to talk to him offline and get his side.. just maybe to clarify in my head what happened and / why he got stopped 7 times..

I'm trying to contact my 'in law' who is running for office in Maine to see what his stand on OC is as well.. (sheesh, I must be a jerk anti-OC guy for doing that lol ) ..

Again, I'm not really bashing the video here.. just the general attitude.. like the nutjob talking about how he'd shoot people and gave us a stellar demonstration of how to draw a firearm from a cheap holster.. remember that one? lol

--Rob

his member id is boyscout399.

LoneEchoWolf

Hey Lone, just keep in mind that just because it's posted on YT doesn't mean it was an attempt to provoke. This guy was arrested the first time he OC'd and the charges were dropped. He only has 2 of these videos posted because he was getting sick of being harassed and wanted to document it. He has stated that he was being harassed before and finally decided to start documenting it. The first video is audio only.

Now I'm not defending the jerks who do it to piss of cops. All I'm saying is, other states are VERY different on how they treat the OC community. How would you feel if a cop came up to you in Wal-mart for no reason? Physically took your gun and unloaded it and demanded your ID and detained you? Out of nowhere? Remember what happened to Bill Miller at Loveland Lake in 2008? Same thing. He wasn't baiting anyone. He ended up suing and won. Now what if that happened to you every time you went out? Eventually you'd get frustrated and want to do something. This guy finally did. The interesting thing to me is listen to the first one, then watch the second. The amount of information he learned between the 2 is amazing. He's lost and clueless in the first, and knows the laws in the second.

documenting the encounter and, posting it to a off site server for safety is one thing, posting the encounters for all your Buddy's to see is another i guess is my stand on that. maybe if he had the MWAG call on the video and a few other little details that are not too hard to get your hands on id me more willing to believe that he was tired and fed up with the cops. Ive read his thread on the subject and a few others too, its not like hes some nut, but Ive never had the cops called on me in this little town which is filled with Sheeple, that guy who pulls his gun on your grandmother if she looks shady in the gas station parking lot, again hasn't had the cops called on him. but this guy who by all accounts was doing nothing wrong has had numerous encounters? theres hundreds of videos on YT of people OC'ing and getting there right violated no telling who's baiting and who's not. to me even how the title states it that he was looking forward to it, so to me that would seem that he was hoping the entire time someone would call the cops on him... maybe even acting it up a bit? because i know its a problem and i know when i walk out the door OC'ing that theres a small chance someone will call the cops on me, but in no way am i looking forward to it or am i going to call it my yearly/annual anything. to me it just looks strange is all.

Edit:eek:h and if you do read his thread on the subject, to me it seems there, includeing him, are more worried about how "viral" the video is than makeing any real progress towards stopping this kind of thing...

Last edited:

mobiushky

documenting the encounter and, posting it to a off site server for safety is one thing, posting the encounters for all your Buddy's to see is another i guess is my stand on that. maybe if he had the MWAG call on the video and a few other little details that are not too hard to get your hands on id me more willing to believe that he was tired and fed up with the cops. Ive read his thread on the subject and a few others too, its not like hes some nut, but Ive never had the cops called on me in this little town which is filled with Sheeple, that guy who pulls his gun on your grandmother if she looks shady in the gas station parking lot, again hasn't had the cops called on him. but this guy who by all accounts was doing nothing wrong has had numerous encounters? theres hundreds of videos on YT of people OC'ing and getting there right violated no telling who's baiting and who's not. to me even how the title states it that he was looking forward to it, so to me that would seem that he was hoping the entire time someone would call the cops on him... maybe even acting it up a bit? because i know its a problem and i know when i walk out the door OC'ing that theres a small chance someone will call the cops on me, but in no way am i looking forward to it or am i going to call it my annual anything. to me it just looks strange is all.

But you live in Colorado. He lives in Maine. Things are very different in different states. I've lived in or traveled to I think 45 states now. I've actually lost track. I've only lived in Colorado now for about 5 years. I've lived in California. Places like that and liberal leaning East coast states are very different and it isn't just the people. From what I recall, no actual MWAG call was made and that was the point. IIRC, he mentioned that he tried to find the public records of a MWAG call and there was none. Which means this stop was police instigated. I think. I could be wrong there. But I do know that police in other states do not take kindly to you exercising your rights in their state. They do not like you to be armed. We are lucky that as yet we don't see that attitude here.

mobiushky

Edit:eek:h and if you do read his thread on the subject, to me it seems there, includeing him, are more worried about how "viral" the video is than makeing any real progress towards stopping this kind of thing...

Pay close attention to his comments. He doesn't like it being used the way it is. He complained that people are copying it and posting all over the place out of his control. I don't blame him for that. Once it's out of your control you can't control the context of the video.

LoneEchoWolf

Pay close attention to his comments. He doesn't like it being used the way it is. He complained that people are copying it and posting all over the place out of his control. I don't blame him for that. Once it's out of your control you can't control the context of the video.

i dont belive that for one moment, what you put on the net is free to anyone to see, period. thus why many dont use there real name on this site even. once its online its already out of your control. hes complaining about not linking straight back to his YT video because he wants the hits in my oppinion. thats why they keep talking about how many hits he gets, and how many from other sites. "Without my permission" doesnt really fly on the net anymore never really has. Thus people are on lists "without there permission" or have there pictures used and reused. like the picture i took of Mt. blanca a few years back on fire, and it was used by a lot of people i didnt even know. if you post something online. it will be used if you dont want it used dont post it.

mobiushky

i dont belive that for one moment, what you put on the net is free to anyone to see, period. thus why many dont use there real name on this site even. once its online its already out of your control. hes complaining about not linking straight back to his YT video because he wants the hits in my oppinion. thats why they keep talking about how many hits he gets, and how many from other sites. "Without my permission" doesnt really fly on the net anymore never really has. Thus people are on lists "without there permission" or have there pictures used and reused. like the picture i took of Mt. blanca a few years back on fire, and it was used by a lot of people i didnt even know. if you post something online. it will be used if you dont want it used dont post it.

That's a fair statement. All I can say is ask him. His OCDO id is boyscout399. Send him a pm. If he is doing it for money, then I'm right with you completely. I guess I just like to give people a chance to explain before we wholly condemn them.

LoneEchoWolf

That's a fair statement. All I can say is ask him. His OCDO id is boyscout399. Send him a pm. If he is doing it for money, then I'm right with you completely. I guess I just like to give people a chance to explain before we wholly condemn them.

I guess i should probably try to start doing the same, but with so many crazy, unstable, and nefarious people out there its a double edges sword most times. Cops are not the only ones out there trying to cause problems! we all know this. thanks for the ID and all too.