• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cops Will Use Your Posts

marinepilot81

All,

Some of you are aware of my open lawsuit against Lincoln County Sheriff's Dept in Wyoming. I decided to post the audio/video on here and Youtube to keep everyone informed, clear up some errors in the newspaper reporting, and find a few local allies. Success all around.

Just keep in mind that all of these things show up on Google searches and whatnot. As part of the defense, the Sheriff's Department intends on using comments from these posts and comments on Youtube. Screenshots have been captured. True to form, 99% of the comments were respectful and appropriate. The few outliers on Youtube were corrected.

Just please be aware that what you post will be available to any agency you intend to protest or sue.

Thanks for all the support.

sudden valley gunner

It's a good reminder.

Fortunately I am not ashamed of my anti unconstitutional proactive law enforcement.

And the cops in your incident were unconstitutional asshats. They can use this post all they want.:lol: I stand by what I say.

twpetry

how do they know who you are? all they can say is [username] said this. and unless they can prove that is you isn't that hearsay?

sudden valley gunner

how do they know who you are? all they can say is [username] said this. and unless they can prove that is you isn't that hearsay?

It is as simple as putting 2 and 2 together, they know who they pulled over and when. The officer knows if he is the one in the video unconstitutionally harrassing his employers.

twpetry

It is as simple as putting 2 and 2 together, they know who they pulled over and when. The officer knows if he is the one in the video unconstitutionally harrassing his employers.

I'm not sure we're on the same page here. I'm saying how do the police/lawyers etc, know who the person is making the posts they are trying to use as part of their defense? they can't just "put 2 and 2 together" they need proof that the username is the person they say it is.

Sig229

Considering how most of the posters in this forum usually know the law better than the LEO's, I figure the LEO's copying posts will learn something.
Lets hope anyway.

marinepilot81

what exactly are they going to use anything i say for?

I read the whole comments section again and thought "so what's the big deal? It's a bunch of people talking about the Constitution and Liberty."

They, however, will say "Ladies and gentlemen, it's obvious he's a member of a right-wing, anti-government group...."

Laughable, but they'll try it.

My point was to keep this in mind and - should you ever find yourself in my position - make sure you clear out your previous posts before submitting anything to the forum.

I could go on and on about how you handled that traffic stop, but it would probably be wasted finger motion on the keyboard.

I'll always take constructive criticism, but please PM me so it's not a matter of public record.

PistolPackingMomma

I'm not sure we're on the same page here. I'm saying how do the police/lawyers etc, know who the person is making the posts they are trying to use as part of their defense? they can't just "put 2 and 2 together" they need proof that the username is the person they say it is.

I assume what you are asking is how can they prove your username is yours? IP address would be my guess. Log-in history, account history, etc. But that assumes they have access to your personal computers' information.

Freedom1Man

So what would it matter if I posted something there?

How can they use what I say to hurt you?

One of my videos has over 8k viewers. Many comments and a split 44 likes 45 dislikes or close to that.

The comments don't change the actions taken by the police.

LkWd_Don

I get the impression that some people are not comprehending that "If" you (read that again.. You!) are involved in some activity with a Law Enforcement Agency and "are" going to take legal action against that LEA, marinepilot81 is suggesting that you review all your prior posts for anything inappropriate before posting about the action you are involved in with regards to that LEA.

As sudden valley gunner said:

Meaning that the legal action will be giving specifics of the case that when matched with the posts can easily identify that the poster either is the Plaintiff or is associated to the Plaintiff in the case.

ickthus

Just be sure to post silly stuff and anesthetic things as well. If they use anything from online it opens up that you can use anything as well and you can show where you post on line for fun or you make it up just to be a smart mule and nothing can be taken literally and they must read everything you post or nothing at all. The internet is two dimensional, no body language or face to face interaction. Misinterpretation is all to often due to many things ; some like me see this computer as entertainment and not real as we use a made up name and look to poke fun at the num nuts that live in there moms basement. If i chose to be truthful, lie, playful.... Nothing said on this puter is anything other than hear say as anyone can steal my password. When did i get read my rights that anything i said on a computer can and will be used against me in a court of Law? Time to get a new lawyer dude. The one you got ain't making it.

twpetry

I assume what you are asking is how can they prove your username is yours? IP address would be my guess. Log-in history, account history, etc. But that assumes they have access to your personal computers' information.

I'm afraid you have been watching too many tv crime shows. Many local police departments/sheriff's offices do not even have the ability or technology to do the kind of computer forensics required to prove who someone is online. Many times they have to outsource that kind of work, even so, that kind of investigating is only utilized for higher profile cases, because it costs $$$.

WalkingWolf

I'm afraid you have been watching too many tv crime shows. Many local police departments/sheriff's offices do not even have the ability or technology to do the kind of computer forensics required to prove who someone is online. Many times they have to outsource that kind of work, even so, that kind of investigating is only utilized for higher profile cases, because it costs $$$.

Not true, most sites the government thinks is on extreme edge are monitored and records are kept, not only on the internet but cell phone use including texts. One only has to take a look at the Zimmerman case and the extreme the prosecution has gone into to prosecute them even to the point of Z and his wife talking about groceries, supposedly some type of code they claim. It anyone puts anything on the internet it is out there, permanently. Unless it makes Obama look bad.

PistolPackingMomma

Okay :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Ironbar

Just be sure to post silly stuff and anesthetic things as well. If they use anything from online it opens up that you can use anything as well and you can show where you post on line for fun or you make it up just to be a smart mule and nothing can be taken literally and they must read everything you post or nothing at all. The internet is two dimensional, no body language or face to face interaction. Misinterpretation is all to often due to many things ; some like me see this computer as entertainment and not real as we use a made up name and look to poke fun at the num nuts that live in there moms basement. If i chose to be truthful, lie, playful.... Nothing said on this puter is anything other than hear say as anyone can steal my password. When did i get read my rights that anything i said on a computer can and will be used against me in a court of Law? Time to get a new lawyer dude. The one you got ain't making it.

The English language is not your enemy. Stop attacking it.