• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Taste of Tacoma & OC.

Batousaii

Is anyone going to the Taste of Tacoma? Anyone have prior OC experience there? Wife and I are planning to be there on Friday, trying to decide what to wear and carry. Thought it would be a nice day to take out the Vaquero :p.

Hope to see some of you guys there - lemme know your thoughts.

- It doesnt cont as a concert right? i think there was some info on this before, but damned if i can find it.

:dude: Bat

http://www.tasteoftacoma.com/

Last edited:

cpgrad08

Is anyone going to the Taste of Tacoma? Anyone have prior OC experience there? Wife and I are planning to be there on Friday, trying to decide what to wear and carry. Thought it would be a nice day to take out the Vaquero :p.

Hope to see some of you guys there - lemme know your thoughts.

- It doesnt cont as a concert right? i think there was some info on this before, but damned if i can find it.

http://www.tasteoftacoma.com/

to my knowledge it isn't a music festival. I was planning to go there. If you like someone to OC with let me know.

Batousaii

39.gif
AM ShowersHigh Low Precip.Humidity
Day/NightDay/Night
68ºF58ºF30%/30%81%/86%
Day: A few showers in the morning, then clouds lingering in the afternoon. High 68F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
Night: Cloudy skies with a few showers later at night. Low 58F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 30%.

- Weather aside, legaly speaking: OC is OK for this event yes?

cpgrad08

OC today at the Taste. Even ran into the head cop at the event. We had a nice little chat. All in all a good day to day.

Batousaii

Yesterday, OC with my Vaquero in it's loop belt. Arrived around 2:15 and stayed until about 6:30. Lots of PD but none of them mentioned it - YAY!. I did get several comments from people, including one guy who was super excited to hear that Washington was an open carry state. I suggested the site, so hopefully he checks us out. I got asked twice "Is that a real gun" and I replied both times "Wouldn't do me any good to carry a fake one now would it...". The subtle look of "ya duh, why did i ask THAT" was pleasing, and the following conversation informative and provided them some good food for thought, ended well both times. I got a few "Nice rig" comments, and a few raised eyebrows. Overall the day was pretty nice, had some Vietnamese food, and some ice cream, watched some of the bands play, and wife and I really enjoyed the animal show. It was a very nice day indeed.

cpgrad08, how did the chat go with the "head cop" ? I'd be curious what he had to say.

Last edited:

birdus

Was at The Taste for about 3 hours today. OC'ed my Colt Officer's Lightweight. Most people don't even see you. The ones that do don't seem to care. A few cops saw me. I said hi. They didn't seem to care. They weren't particularly friendly, but I can live with that. Some cops didn't seem to notice. A few people asked about it. Had friendly conversations with them.

I should be at Freedom Fair along the waterfront in Tacoma on Wednesday. Plan on carrying my Para Ordnance P-14. It's got a sweet camo paint job so probably no one will notice it.