Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google CENSORING guns from shopping!!!

Thumbs down Google CENSORING guns from shopping!!!

Be aware... If you've become a fan of "Google Shopping" and you also search from time to time for guns or gun related products, you will see that Google is now CENSORING guns and gun related products from their shopping search engine.

I urge you to switch to another search engine and stop using one that CENSORS the search results.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...pping-results/
    Quote Originally Posted by P.J. O'Rourke; The Liberty Manifesto
    There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.

Banned
    Just searched their shopping for .223 ammo .. no results..

yahoo shows some ... not much though so they may have the same policy

but for ammo, these type of shopping bots are not very helpful .. but still, its a retarded policy.

I am glad I ordered my LMT rifle several months ago
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Google has been anti-gun for a long time.

As a note, any boycotting thrown at Google won't affect them at all. I'm not saying you shouldn't. What I am saying is that if you want change, the most likely way to get it is by sending them letters.
    Last edited by Jack House; 06-28-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post

As a note, any boycotting thrown at Google won't affect them at all. I'm not saying you shouldn't. What I am saying is that if you want change, the most likely way to get it is by sending them letters.
    Well I went to bing for shopping now and I guess i will move away from Google everything else.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Activist Member

Google isn't just anti-gun, they are anti-rights.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster View Post
    Google isn't just anti-gun, they are anti-rights.
    Except when it benefits Google.

Edit: Accidentally a word.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Jack House; 06-28-2012 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by G22shooter View Post
    Be aware... If you've become a fan of "Google Shopping" and you also search from time to time for guns or gun related products, you will see that Google is now CENSORING guns and gun related products from their shopping search engine.

I urge you to switch to another search engine and stop using one that CENSORS the search results.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...pping-results/
    O.K., I just did a Google search for ".223 ammo" and got back about a brazillion pages of results.

What's the problem here?

Quote Originally Posted by PavePusher View Post
    O.K., I just did a Google search for ".223 ammo" and got back about a brazillion pages of results.

What's the problem here?
    Google Shopping != Google Search
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

Well let's hope the firearms and ammo manufacturers will pull monies paid to Google for search placement.

For the most part, big business is terrified of gun ownership. This is mostly because when the people have had enough, they will not distinguish government from corporations. They will both be deemed the enemy because the government simply facilitates the corporations agenda becoming law.
    Nevada Campus Carry: The Movement Continues
    http://nvcampuscarry.blogspot.com

Which is why Google is not the only shopping search engine.

There are others, and they see merchants migrating to them with money for each click. Long live free enterprise and the competitive marketplace!

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Considering that Google is an acknowledged NSA front operation, and they get funding out of DOD budget, I don't think ANY amount of boycotting would effect them at all. It would be like boycotting Lockheed Martin because you don't like drones in Afghanistan killing little children. Their government coffers are WAY bigger than any piddling amount they get from advertisers...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 06-28-2012 at 10:57 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada carrier View Post
    For the most part, big business is terrified of gun ownership. This is mostly because when the people have had enough, they will not distinguish government from corporations.

Perhaps that is because, in our current version of reality, there IS no difference anymore...

It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

I'm happy to say that after repeated attempts, we got the Bing search team to stop censoring gun results a few months ago. Seems we improved our behavior while Google ruined theirs. The NRA hoodies search has also been fixed, though I don't know if we did anything actively or if whatever group was targeting a correlation attack stopped, since results like that are unfortunate correlation issues.
    Last edited by Tawnos; 07-08-2012 at 05:00 AM.
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Google hates guns!

This made me mad! What can we do??

http://www.guns.com/google-guns-ammo...ults-9403.html

"The firearms blogosphere is buzzing with the news that Google, the mega-Internet corporation, has decided to censor all guns, ammunition and gun accessories from its webstore, ‘Google Shopping.’

Formerly known as Froggle, ‘Google Shopping’ is a price comparison service that, to a gun owner, made it a helluva lot easier to find the best deals on guns and gun-related products"

McX
    that's ok, i dont speak google-osian anyway, i am more of you-who kind of guy.

Well, for my part, I've switched all three of my business E-mail addresses to Yahoo. I've switched from Google Chrome to Firefox for my browser, and now have Yahoo as all my default search engines. It's taking a little bit of getting used to it, and I still miss Chrome, but as far as I am concerned, everything Google can now kiss my ass.

I used to use Google Shopping for significant purchases (most non-firearm anyway) every week. Yahoo Shopping is different, but is so far getting the job done.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

in defense of google, I believe they had some legal issues being based in cali and the way they control the purchases on google shopping.

as far as DoD funding making something a front operation... I have worked for several companies that got DoD funding for research, same with universities I have attended. None of them were front operations. They also contracted with thousands of other companies, and were also not fronts for them either.

If you were to cut out all products and services by companies that contracted with the DoD, you might be surprised to find out what you had to give up.

Keep in mind that Google is Youtube.

Also keep in mind that Google only censored shopping not search. A search for '.22 ammo' brought about 4,230,000 results.

If one is to boycott Google they should also boycott Youtube which has a wealth of information about guns, and Google has not censored. I think they made a stupid move on the shopping which will cost them money and make no difference, I rarely use the shopping on Google. But I prefer doing searches and buying from those searches. The google shopping is inconsistent and rarely gives the best prices or the best vendors.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 07-01-2012 at 12:59 PM.

Yahoo! doesn't allow ammo or firearms in their shopping search either, just toy gun parts and accessories, Bing.com still has ammo and firearms included and is much cleaner surfing experience IMO anyways. You should give them a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Lephi View Post
    Yahoo! doesn't allow ammo ....
    It does on my computer...

http://shopping.yahoo.com/search;_yl...01&fr2=piv-web
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Huh so it does, but still no firearms, still isn't this so much prettier http://www.bing.com/shopping/search?...RM=HDRSC6#x0y0.
    Last edited by Lephi; 07-01-2012 at 03:52 PM.

Yes. I may give Bing a try as well.

I've no misconceptions that my personal boycott of Google will do anything except make me feel ever so slightly better about myself... But it does do that...

I used to use Google Shopping several times a week for significant purchases. Yahoo Shopping or Bing will do the same for me now.

I don't YouTube much anyway, so can easily get my fix with MetaCafe.

My biggest impact so far is my web browser. I really liked Chrome. I'm using Mozilla Firefox again, and it's often doing something I liked better on Chrome.
    Last edited by MAC702; 07-01-2012 at 04:41 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast