• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Google CENSORING guns from shopping!!!

G22shooter

Campaign Veteran

davidmcbeth

Banned
Just searched their shopping for .223 ammo .. no results..

yahoo shows some ... not much though so they may have the same policy

but for ammo, these type of shopping bots are not very helpful .. but still, its a retarded policy.

Jack House

Google has been anti-gun for a long time.

As a note, any boycotting thrown at Google won't affect them at all. I'm not saying you shouldn't. What I am saying is that if you want change, the most likely way to get it is by sending them letters.

Last edited:

zack991

As a note, any boycotting thrown at Google won't affect them at all. I'm not saying you shouldn't. What I am saying is that if you want change, the most likely way to get it is by sending them letters.

Well I went to bing for shopping now and I guess i will move away from Google everything else.

KYGlockster

Activist Member

Google isn't just anti-gun, they are anti-rights.

PavePusher

Be aware... If you've become a fan of "Google Shopping" and you also search from time to time for guns or gun related products, you will see that Google is now CENSORING guns and gun related products from their shopping search engine.

I urge you to switch to another search engine and stop using one that CENSORS the search results.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/06/foghorn/google-censor-firearms-related-shopping-results/

O.K., I just did a Google search for ".223 ammo" and got back about a brazillion pages of results.

What's the problem here?

Nevada carrier

For the most part, big business is terrified of gun ownership. This is mostly because when the people have had enough, they will not distinguish government from corporations. They will both be deemed the enemy because the government simply facilitates the corporations agenda becoming law.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Which is why Google is not the only shopping search engine.

There are others, and they see merchants migrating to them with money for each click. Long live free enterprise and the competitive marketplace!

stay safe.

Dreamer

Considering that Google is an acknowledged NSA front operation, and they get funding out of DOD budget, I don't think ANY amount of boycotting would effect them at all. It would be like boycotting Lockheed Martin because you don't like drones in Afghanistan killing little children. Their government coffers are WAY bigger than any piddling amount they get from advertisers...

Last edited:

Dreamer

For the most part, big business is terrified of gun ownership. This is mostly because when the people have had enough, they will not distinguish government from corporations.

Perhaps that is because, in our current version of reality, there IS no difference anymore...

[video=youtube_share;wqrY2F_Xz3s]http://youtu.be/wqrY2F_Xz3s[/video]

Tawnos

I'm happy to say that after repeated attempts, we got the Bing search team to stop censoring gun results a few months ago. Seems we improved our behavior while Google ruined theirs. The NRA hoodies search has also been fixed, though I don't know if we did anything actively or if whatever group was targeting a correlation attack stopped, since results like that are unfortunate correlation issues.

Last edited:

keepyourreceipt

Google hates guns!

This made me mad! What can we do??

http://www.guns.com/google-guns-ammo-accessories-shopping-results-9403.html

"The firearms blogosphere is buzzing with the news that Google, the mega-Internet corporation, has decided to censor all guns, ammunition and gun accessories from its webstore, ‘Google Shopping.’

Formerly known as Froggle, ‘Google Shopping’ is a price comparison service that, to a gun owner, made it a helluva lot easier to find the best deals on guns and gun-related products"

M

McX

that's ok, i dont speak google-osian anyway, i am more of you-who kind of guy.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Well, for my part, I've switched all three of my business E-mail addresses to Yahoo. I've switched from Google Chrome to Firefox for my browser, and now have Yahoo as all my default search engines. It's taking a little bit of getting used to it, and I still miss Chrome, but as far as I am concerned, everything Google can now kiss my ass.

I used to use Google Shopping for significant purchases (most non-firearm anyway) every week. Yahoo Shopping is different, but is so far getting the job done.

gobbly

in defense of google, I believe they had some legal issues being based in cali and the way they control the purchases on google shopping.

as far as DoD funding making something a front operation... I have worked for several companies that got DoD funding for research, same with universities I have attended. None of them were front operations. They also contracted with thousands of other companies, and were also not fronts for them either.

If you were to cut out all products and services by companies that contracted with the DoD, you might be surprised to find out what you had to give up.

WalkingWolf

Keep in mind that Google is Youtube.

Also keep in mind that Google only censored shopping not search. A search for '.22 ammo' brought about 4,230,000 results.

If one is to boycott Google they should also boycott Youtube which has a wealth of information about guns, and Google has not censored. I think they made a stupid move on the shopping which will cost them money and make no difference, I rarely use the shopping on Google. But I prefer doing searches and buying from those searches. The google shopping is inconsistent and rarely gives the best prices or the best vendors.

Last edited: