• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

TSA desecrates grandfather's remains, laughs at grandson

Jack House

davidmcbeth

Banned
"I was told later..."...Typical, people who don't know their rights and don't know what to do

Now he demands an apology ... that's nice

I'm growing tired of TSA stories in which people allow (ie agree) the TSA to fondle them and otherwise violate our rights. Its like people who let cops search their vehicle and then complain about the drug charges later. I don't let the TSA grope me ..

And a smart TSA agent here as the sealing of remains is likely a health concern ... I hope she sucked up some of his ashes ... and he haunts her

Jack House

"I was told later..."...Typical, people who don't know their rights and don't know what to do
How was he supposed to know that she wasn't allowed to do that? He didn't really allow her, she just did it.

Now he demands an apology ... that's nice
Only thing different I would do is talk to a lawyer about filing a lawsuit. But he's taking his story to the media, where it will be exposed so other people and see and learn. I don't see anything wrong with his actions.

I'm growing tired of TSA stories in which people allow (ie agree) the TSA to fondle them and otherwise violate our rights. Its like people who let cops search their vehicle and then complain about the drug charges later. I don't let the TSA grope me ..
Since when do you have a choice? "You can drive!" Not if your trip is time sensitive, which it would be for most people. Obviously you can't drive overseas.

And a smart TSA agent here as the sealing of remains is likely a health concern ... I hope she sucked up some of his ashes ... and he haunts her
She should be fired and for me, it's not even that she was utterly disrespectful toward the remains, it's that she laughed.