• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Ruger SR9c Holster

GTShooter

Hello everyone,

Ive been looking around for a nice/unexpensive holster for my handgun. Ive found "universal type" holsters but havent found a nice hard shell type holster. I would like to stay with in the $50 mark, anyone carry this had gun and what do they use to holster it

Thanks!

BOOMcat12B

I do not have the SR9C but I do OC my SR40C...I use a Fobus holster for mine, however I am looking for a Lvl 2 retention holster right now as I do not really ike not having a thumb break on my holster. However the Fobus has been working out great. Never have any problems with it. If I remember right the 9 is slimmer than the 40 but I think they make a holster for the 9 as well.... Yup here it is-
http://shopruger.com/SR9-Fobus-Holster-Left-Handed/productinfo/50067/

Hope this helps...

GTShooter

So if you dont mind me asking what are the main differences between the Fobus holster and a Lvl 2 retention holster?

moonie

It is my understanding that the Blackhawk Serpa for the SR9 will fit the SR40, SR9C and SR40C.

BOOMcat12B

Ok do you know the different lvls of retention? If not here is a decent video of someone explain the basics of the different levels and the like- [video=youtube;lP56ePQ0tQo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP56ePQ0tQo[/video]

Now the Fobus is a "friction retention" holster. Meaning there is no thumb break, or locking mechanism you have to de activate in order to draw. It is a great holster but for OC I would prefer a Lvl 2... Just to have a slightly better piece of mind.

babarock

I have been quite satisfied with my Blackhawk for my SR9C as well as the one I got for my SR1911.

BOOMcat12B

I have been quite satisfied with my Blackhawk for my SR9C as well as the one I got for my SR1911.

Which BlackHawk holster are you using? Also with the 9 what is the fit of the holster? I know that the SR9C is slightly slimmer than the 40, so I am wondering if the 40 would fit just as well as the 9 would into the holster you are using.

GTShooter

Good video,

Thanks for the info, I ended up buying a Blackhawk lvl 2 holster. Ive been practicing at home and so far I like how its doing.

Ok do you know the different lvls of retention? If not here is a decent video of someone explain the basics of the different levels and the like- [video=youtube;lP56ePQ0tQo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP56ePQ0tQo[/video]

Now the Fobus is a "friction retention" holster. Meaning there is no thumb break, or locking mechanism you have to de activate in order to draw. It is a great holster but for OC I would prefer a Lvl 2... Just to have a slightly better piece of mind.

moonie

My son had this question as he recently purchased a SR40c, he was at Gander Mountain and they let him try the SR40c in a Serpa designed for the SR9, it fit but was tight, said it shouldn't really be an issue. But he is planning to get a Minotaur MTAC so the issue will be moot. He tried it to satisfy my curiosity.

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
There are way too many threads asking about holsters for SR series guns.

Check out the Bianchi model 82 "carry lok". They don't make one specifically for the SR9c, but I have carried one in the aforementioned Bianchi holster designed for a Glock 19/23, and it worked perfectly fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2