• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So Why Hasn't The Media Shown This???????

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
The 1st Amendment is no more all-encompassing than the 2nd. "Fighting words" and yelling "Fire!" in a crowded theater (the actual case scenario - there was no acytual fire) are not protected forms of expressive speech.

On the other hand, criminal assault and/or battery ought to be treated separately from the 1st Amendment argument. If you punch back/fling a stone back at who hurled it at you you become engafed in "mutual combat" and there is no protection for either side.

The reason WBC does not get arrested is because they know the boundaries and go right up to them but never cross them. While I disapprove of their message, I acknowledge their right to say whatever stupid, hateful, wrongheaded garbage they want to.

stay safe.

jbone

The Anti-Christain teaching's to Muslim youth in America is displayed in the video.

Redbaron007

In a general sense I agree with everything you said. Dearborn MI has the largest concentration of Muslims of any city in the USA. The Christians, by their very presence and proselytizing at an "Arab" gathering, probably made the Muslims uneasy. It was an event for "Arabs", and Arabs are primarily Muslims. In the narrow-minded Islamic countries, Christian proselytizing is not just unwelcome, it is illegal, hence their display of anger toward the Christian demonstrators. That's just my way of seeing the background of the confrontation, not an attempt to excuse the Muslim's assaults on the Christians. Activists of any kind, not just religious fanatics, must understand that they take, and accept, certain risks by their activism. There will frequently be counter-demonstrators, who feel just as passionately about their position as the activists do about their position. For example, there are the nutters at the Westboro Baptist Church who demean the funerals of our returning fallen military personnel, and they often find themselves faced with the Patriot Guard Riders. The PGR is a loose affiliation of motorcyclists with one but goal... to honor our fallen soldiers, and make the Westboro Baptist Church's efforts to disrupt the proceedings as unrewarding as they possibly can - within the legal boundaries. The PGR is often supported by the American Legion Riders as well, and sometimes even some of the "outlaw bikers" are in attendance. I have never heard of Westboro trying to get violent with a bunch of bikers, and the bikers haven't (to the best of my recollection) ever assaulted the nut-jobs. This example is one where violence isn't involved, but the potential for violence is generally very nearby - because of the passions of each side vs the other. I'm sure you can determine who the "good guys" and the "bad guys" are yourself. Pax...

Very well said!

Note to self....keep Detroit on "Do Not Visit" list.

yep!

Note to self....place Michigan on "Do Not Visit" list.

Double yep!!

WHAT!!! The 2A is not the end-all and be-all....but but but....

What!!??? :lol:

MKEgal

skidmark said:
If you punch back/fling a stone back at who hurled it at you you become engaged in "mutual combat" and there is no protection for either side.
How is that different from hitting someone who has hit you, in order to stop them from hitting you more?
Or shooting someone who has in some way threatened your life, in order to stop them from trying to kill you?
Gil pointed out above that throwing rocks into a crowd can be dangerous to life.
Throwing it back at your attacker is turning his weapon against him.

Last edited:

KYGlockster

Activist Member
If it wasn't for Christians, there would probably be no United States of America for the Muslims to envy... and come here to hate. ;) Pax...

No "probably" to it, there would not be a free America unless christians wanting the freedom God granted them fought for it.

scouser

..... In the narrow-minded Islamic countries, Christian proselytizing is not just unwelcome, it is illegal, hence their display of anger toward the Christian demonstrators. That's just my way of seeing the background of the confrontation, not an attempt to excuse the Muslim's assaults on the Christians...

Who gives a crap whether it's illegal in Islamic countries? This is the USA, accept the laws and customs of the country they come to or get the f**k back to where they came from. Don't allow these narrow minded scum to drag this country down the same way they have in Western Europe. I have no desire to return to the country I was born in, the country I spent the first 34 years of my life in, because of all the 'we can't upset the f**king muslims' bullsh!t that is so prevalent there now.

Gil, I understand you're not attempting to excuse their actions, just offering a viewpoint so I'm not attacking your post, I'm attacking the 'don't upset the muslims' mentality.

Last edited:

Gil223

Should we welcome them with open arms... or close the action?

Who gives a crap whether it's illegal in Islamic countries? This is the USA, accept the laws and customs of the country they come to or get the f**k back to where they came from. Don't allow these narrow minded scum to drag this country down the same way they have in Western Europe. I have no desire to return to the country I was born in, the country I spent the first 34 years of my life in, because of all the 'we can't upset the f**king muslims' bullsh!t that is so prevalent there now.

Gil, I understand you're not attempting to excuse their actions, just offering a viewpoint so I'm not attacking your post, I'm attacking the 'don't upset the muslims' mentality.

We're in complete agreement. Much of Europe tried being accepting of the Muzzies - perhaps thinking that they would eventually become acculturated, and accept the laws and customs of the host country. France, Netherlands and England are three of the countries now paying the price for their benevolence/beneficence, and they all wish they could roll up the welcome mat. The Muzzies not only failed to assimilate, they demand that laws be changed to accommodate their Sharia beliefs, and that everyone respect their Islamic faith, while they themselves disrespect all other belief systems. I believe that they will - if not stopped very soon - eventually accomplish their goal of Islamic control of the world. The US Muslim population has doubled since 9/11 to 1,842,000, and projections from the Pew Research Center indicate that number will have increased to 10,927,000 (0.6% of total US pop) by the year 2030. Australia has slightly more than 3-times (percentage-wise) the U.S. with a 1.9% Muslim population (2010), and they have recently begun to regret it. Somebody has to say, "NO! Not in our country! If you want your own laws, go back where you came from and enjoy them there. But HERE you live by our laws." Can you imagine a group of 100,000 Americans moving to a foreign country, and telling them, "We will live in your country, but we will only follow the laws of our homeland."? Ridiculous!! Absolutely INSANE!!!

Geert Wilders, a Dutch MP, is trying to get the Parliament to stop the Muslim invasion in the Netherlands. So far, his only reward has been death threats from Muslims. Who is trying to staunch the steady flow of scheming Muslims into the US? The "scheme"? Immigrate and "convert the Infidel" in sufficient numbers to become a political and legal PITA. According to one source, Muslims account for 30% of the population of Dearborn, Michigan (that's roughly 29,750 Muzzies). If anybody would like a real eye-opener on Islam, do a net search for "Fitna" - it's a short film that was produced by Geert Wilders in 2008, and runs just under 17mins (it can also be found on YouTube). Pax...

Last edited:

Jack House

There'd be a lot of bad, even pure evil, missing from the world if there were no Christians as well.

since9

Campaign Veteran
There'd be a lot of bad, even pure evil, missing from the world if there were no Christians as well.

Sorry, Jack, but my Christian Bible does not condone the atrocities committed by Muslims every day. It does not advocate forced belief and death if they don't. It does not advocate 9/11-style mass murder or any other form of terrorism. It does not advocate the stoning of Michiganers who present a dissenting point of view at a rally.

If you think it does, you either haven't read it, or you're cherry-picking.

Last edited:

Jack House

Actually, I went to Christian college and have studied the bible more in-depth than many pastors. I'd like to believe that I have a pretty good grasp on what the bible teaches.

It's going to be different for each individual and a lot of beliefs held dear by Christians have no actual biblical basis. Which was a pretty big point of contention for me in school.

I don't know what this business is about stoning people in Michigan, I haven't seen a single valid report of such an occurrence. Perhaps you could enlighten me? Though I suspect you're just going to point right back to that video in the OP. However I do not recall anyone being stoned. Assaulted, definitely. But stoned? I don't think so.

I know that a lot of people have committed some insane atrocities in the name of Christianity. Just like there have been atrocities perpetrated in the name of Islam. One could point out the systemic sexual abuse of children, particularly young boys, in the Catholic church, abuse covered up by the highest level of Catholic authorities. Even the Pope himself has been accused of facilitating these cover ups.

I reckon that the argument forthcoming is going to be a No True Scottsman fallacy. But the same can be applied to Muslims. Many Muslims will state that Islam is about peace and love, that no true Muslim would commit the acts perpetrated by the few.

But they don't stand up in unison to denounce the wicked ways of their brethren! I don't recall you doing the same about those bigots in Michigan that started a fight, then pretended to be completely innocent in the affair. I don't remember there being a huge outcry denouncing Andrew Breivik's actions.

Let us not forget that the Ku Klux Klan has it's roots in Christian terrorism. The Olympic bombings back in 96 were conducted in the name of Christianity. Two abortion clinics were bombed just this year here in the US in the name of Christianity.

sharkey

Oh snap. Where is the popcorn icon?

anim_popcorn_eating_deer.gif