Thread: Holder held in contempt.

scubabeme

Holder held in contempt.

In a lopsided bipartisan vote today, AG Holder has been found in contempt of congress! Nothing will likely happen as a result, but the vote's been taken.

What I find interesting is that60 something democrats walked out prior to the vote. That makes me think that they would have voted with the republicans but didn't want to go against their democrat cohorts. That would make almost80 democrats voting for contempt. Just the way I see it

My bad.I was reading another article and it said that the walkout was staged by the "black caucus" line stupid though. If you think he's innocent would you want your vote saying so on record. Not only for the record but if the core had been closer maybe yours would have been the one that made the resolution fail. Kind of a stupid move IMHO

They voted "not present".

I think I read somewhere that this is the first time in US history that a sitting attorney-general has been held in contempt of Congress. It was done as an intimidation tactic (more than anything else, I think) and it does allow the House some more legal options in regards to Fast & Furious.

Unfortunately I believe it means nothing. There will be no reprimand and no further documents will be presented. F&F will just fade away now and the others that feel the consequences will not have justice fall in their favor.

COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Inappropriate
    Last edited by John Pierce; 07-02-2012 at 09:07 PM.
    watch your top knot !

Holder: House committee’s contempt vote ‘divisive’ and ‘entirely unnecessary’

Holder is arrogant to the House. He think he is the God rules the US because he controls FBI and DEA. That’s the true face of covert totalitarian.

This vote only sends it to the D.A. of D.C. an Obama appointee (I believe), and he won't file criminal charges. The only hope is in civil court and if they get a dem judge then then what do they do? I can't wait for this traitorous president to be out of office...

http://articles.cnn.com/2012-06-29/p..._s=PM:POLITICS

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by CCinMaine; 07-02-2012 at 11:36 PM.