• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Holder held in contempt.

S

scubabeme

In a lopsided bipartisan vote today, AG Holder has been found in contempt of congress! Nothing will likely happen as a result, but the vote's been taken.

Greg30-06

What I find interesting is that60 something democrats walked out prior to the vote. That makes me think that they would have voted with the republicans but didn't want to go against their democrat cohorts. That would make almost80 democrats voting for contempt. Just the way I see it

Greg30-06

My bad.I was reading another article and it said that the walkout was staged by the "black caucus" line stupid though. If you think he's innocent would you want your vote saying so on record. Not only for the record but if the core had been closer maybe yours would have been the one that made the resolution fail. Kind of a stupid move IMHO

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I think I read somewhere that this is the first time in US history that a sitting attorney-general has been held in contempt of Congress. It was done as an intimidation tactic (more than anything else, I think) and it does allow the House some more legal options in regards to Fast & Furious.

carracer

Unfortunately I believe it means nothing. There will be no reprimand and no further documents will be presented. F&F will just fade away now and the others that feel the consequences will not have justice fall in their favor.

katsung47

Holder: House committee’s contempt vote ‘divisive’ and ‘entirely unnecessary’

Holder is arrogant to the House. He think he is the God rules the US because he controls FBI and DEA. That’s the true face of covert totalitarian.

CCinMaine

Last edited: