• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC Breakfast Sat 6/30 - 9:30 AM @ River City Diner Parham @ I-95

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Here we go again. Another week, another breakfast.

Rumor has it that it will be cooler in the city with all the asphalt than it will be out where there is greenery and such. Guess all that greenery must be wilting on the vine.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Expect that this will be an interesting breakfast - much to review and plan - yes it is going to be a long hot summer

scouser

tell Courtney that Logan & I will be in on Tuesday this week, and probably every week from now on, I'm starting my new schedule tomorrow morning of Friday - Monday dayshifts. I'm gonna need a bigger omelet, I split a 4 egg one with him last Monday and he ate most of it and that's after he had breakfast at home first

scouser

yeah, sure does. Courtney & Dana laugh at him in there because he'll go in and walk around the bar to fetch his own high chair, he takes the booster seat out, puts it on the floor and then pushes the high chair over to a table. When we're finished he puts it all back, pushes the chair over to the corner, picks up the booster seat and puts that back on top of the high chair.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
tell Courtney that Logan & I will be in on Tuesday this week, and probably every week from now on, I'm starting my new schedule tomorrow morning of Friday - Monday dayshifts. I'm gonna need a bigger omelet, I split a 4 egg one with him last Monday and he ate most of it and that's after he had breakfast at home first

Will try to catch you on a Tuesday morning soon.

riverrat10k

yeah, sure does. Courtney & Dana laugh at him in there because he'll go in and walk around the bar to fetch his own high chair, he takes the booster seat out, puts it on the floor and then pushes the high chair over to a table. When we're finished he puts it all back, pushes the chair over to the corner, picks up the booster seat and puts that back on top of the high chair.

Cute and responsible! Great stuff!

scouser

Tell me about it peter. Was not a pleasant day to be outside standing on concrete most of the day. Gas stations need to put a big old roof over the fuel drops so I can have some shade while working. What I really don't like is that we HAVE to wear long pants even in this weather

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Tell me about it peter. Was not a pleasant day to be outside standing on concrete most of the day. Gas stations need to put a big old roof over the fuel drops so I can have some shade while working. What I really don't like is that we HAVE to wear long pants even in this weather

It made it to 108 today and now the storms are heading this way. Doesn't matter if I'm at the farm or the burbs, the storms are going to hit.
The good news is, the worst storms are north of Ashland.:lol:

sidestreet

Gonna try to make it...

Maybe bring a few "extras", my daughter's family lost their power due to the storm and they're gonna be staying with us 'til it comes back on, so we may all show up!!!

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

scouser

Will try to catch you on a Tuesday morning soon.

So, there we were this morning, just arrived and sat down at our usual table when in walks Mr Grapeshot. He said he wanted to see for himself Logan getting his own highchair. Unfortunately he was about 5 minutes too late for that. However, it was a very pleasant surprise to be joined by such a nice person for breakfast. Thanks Dale, I really appreciate you taking the time to travel from your part of town to come and say hello.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
So, there we were this morning, just arrived and sat down at our usual table when in walks Mr Grapeshot. He said he wanted to see for himself Logan getting his own highchair. Unfortunately he was about 5 minutes too late for that. However, it was a very pleasant surprise to be joined by such a nice person for breakfast. Thanks Dale, I really appreciate you taking the time to travel from your part of town to come and say hello.

It was my pleasure, believe me.

I see our future in your quiet son's eyes. He takes everything in and processes it before he makes a decision. You both are doing a great job raising him.

You do know don't you that Gen. Robt. E. Lee named his horse after me don't you. :lol:

scouser

It was my pleasure, believe me.

I see our future in your quiet son's eyes. He takes everything in and processes it before he makes a decision. You both are doing a great job raising him.

You do know don't you that Gen. Robt. E. Lee named his horse after me don't you. :lol:

Not being from these parts, I had to google the horse ... lol. Some results listed a British English spelling, some a US English spelling .. thankfully, I'm bi-lingual

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Not being from these parts, I had to google the horse ... lol. Some results listed a British English spelling, some a US English spelling .. thankfully, I'm bi-lingual

I had every confidence that you'd figure that one out.

A bit of local lore/history for you:

We had a friend here in Richmond, Bob Moates, who was perhaps the most famous of all the reenactors who was in very great demand playing his role as General Lee for television and movies. Sadly Bob passed away several years ago. His wife Grace still operates the gun shop bearing his name on Hull Street.
http://www2.timesdispatch.com/lifestyles/2009/jul/25/rmob25_20090724-222807-ar-36187/

........Robert Courtland "Robert E. Lee" Moates, Sr

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=39776360

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I had every confidence that you'd figure that one out.

A bit of local lore/history for you:

We had a friend here in Richmond, Bob Moates, who was perhaps the most famous of all the reenactors who was in very great demand playing his role as General Lee for television and movies. Sadly Bob passed away several years ago. His wife Grace still operates the gun shop bearing his name on Hull Street.
http://www2.timesdispatch.com/lifestyles/2009/jul/25/rmob25_20090724-222807-ar-36187/

........Robert Courtland "Robert E. Lee" Moates, Sr

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=39776360

There is another shop in Keysville Grape and it's really the better of the two.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
There is another shop in Keysville Grape and it's really the better of the two.

Sadly I've never been to that one, but as I remember Bob did most of his gunsmithing there from what I heard. Didn't see him in Richmond much the last year or so.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Sadly I've never been to that one, but as I remember Bob did most of his gunsmithing there from what I heard. Didn't see him in Richmond much the last year or so.

Yeah, Bloomberg tore the heart of of him. He stayed out there where it's quieter as much as possible.