• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCer spotted in Canon City

PikesPeakMtnMan

Yesterday I had to take the LONG way to Woodland Park in order to gather my parents important belongings since they are still on vacation and large portions of WP went on evacuation notice from the Waldo Canyon Fire.

While I was getting gas in Canon City I noticed a gentlemen OCing a pistol. This was at the Diamond Shamrock on Hwy 50 in the area of the Holy Cross Abby.

I must've been the ONLY one who saw his gun because nothing out of the ordinary was happening, people where just totally going about their normal gas station type business, weird.....

BTW, he was wearing camo pants and a fire rescue t-shirt, I didn't get a chance to say hi.

Bellum_Intus

Yesterday I had to take the LONG way to Woodland Park in order to gather my parents important belongings since they are still on vacation and large portions of WP went on evacuation notice from the Waldo Canyon Fire.

While I was getting gas in Canon City I noticed a gentlemen OCing a pistol. This was at the Diamond Shamrock on Hwy 50 in the area of the Holy Cross Abby.

I must've been the ONLY one who saw his gun because nothing out of the ordinary was happening, people where just totally going about their normal gas station type business, weird.....

BTW, he was wearing camo pants and a fire rescue t-shirt, I didn't get a chance to say hi.

Normal day in Colorado .. :p .. I OC at VI down there all the time.. (my step daugher just graduated CCHS)

--Rob

Jonathan Hoff

hmm thats pretty funny, at first i thought that might have been me but i havnt been up there for like 2 weeks Ive been working down in canon city at Territorial Prison for the last month, .

542519_3341314533202_1771036092_n.jpg

Last edited:

Beau

Well that's no fun. You should have yelled "GUN" in the loudest girly voice you could muster. Then you dive behind the chips while dialing 911. You frantically state that there is a MWAG and you think he is going to shoot everyone.

LoneEchoWolf

Well that's no fun. You should have yelled "GUN" in the loudest girly voice you could muster. Then you dive behind the chips while dialing 911. You frantically state that there is a MWAG and you think he is going to shoot everyone.

HA im not sure why but when i read "In the loudest girly voice you could muster" i could not stop laughing.

Bellum_Intus

hahahh!! they only do that in Boulder and Monument :p

--Ron

Bellum_Intus

I work in Canon, and can tell you that I've never seen anyone in that town bat an eye at OC.

Holy .. Pwest! I work in Pwest =) lunch sometime?( your location ) .. and my step daughter just graduated CCHS.. So i'm down there a bit

--Rob

Last edited:

mahkagari

Are you sure nothing out of the ordinary was happening? Are you sure there weren't ten people suddenly going crazy and trying to grab it yelling "Fort Bragg Forever!!!!"? And the gun didn't jump into the liquor case, down a bottle of JD and shoot 6 rounds into the air while grabbing every male and female tuckus around? That's just not possible. SOMETHING was going on.

Or...maybe it's just CO and no one cared. :)

M-Taliesin

Howdy Amigo!
I've OC'd a bit in Canyon City myself. When I have the chance to take a transplanted flatlander down the Phantom Canyon and back on the Shelf road (a most comical thing when you give them a real good view of the downhill side) I often will stop in Canyon City for soda pop or munchies, and yeah... I'll buy gas if necessary.

So far as I am aware, nobody in Canyon City has paid me a second glance.

Except, of course, for my exceedingly nervous passenger as we skirt the edge of the shelf road, and they clutch the upholstery on the passenger seat with a real tight sphincter!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Keens

Howdy Amigo!
I've OC'd a bit in Canyon City myself. When I have the chance to take a transplanted flatlander down the Phantom Canyon and back on the Shelf road (a most comical thing when you give them a real good view of the downhill side) I often will stop in Canyon City for soda pop or munchies, and yeah... I'll buy gas if necessary.

So far as I am aware, nobody in Canyon City has paid me a second glance.

Except, of course, for my exceedingly nervous passenger as we skirt the edge of the shelf road, and they clutch the upholstery on the passenger seat with a real tight sphincter!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

I almost had coffee going through my nose onto the coffee table laughing at your last sentence! That is some creative writing...and creative thinking you got there! I was having a hard time waking up and that fixed that with a good laugh I needed :).

Back to the OP, I get pretty excited myself when I see an OC'er and I've only seen 2 of them outside of the M&G's and the National Forest. I saw one in Georgetown about 7 years ago at a Resturant carrying a Ruger P89 (I think) on a drop leg holdter and the other one was a few months ago at the Safeway gas station in Elizabeth carrying a small revolver in an OWB (think it was a LCR or Bodygaurd). The Safeway OC'er I didn't get a chance to chat with as I noticed his sidearm as he grabbed his receipt and got in his car and left. The Georgetown OC'er is what got me me thinking about OC'ing some years later, though I scared him away when he felt uncomfortable that I was staring at his sidearm in amazement and curiousity that he got up and left before he could order his food. I should've started a conversation with him right then and asked him about it. I've always wondered if any of these two OC'ers I saw are on this forum?

Well, fiancée and I got a lot to do today. Got to go do our wedding registry at Target and Kmart. Get new tires for her car, go see her folks. I'll be OC'ing all day as we run around the Brighton and Longmont areas. I think I'm awake enough now after reading M's last sentence lol!

Blessings,

Keens

M-Taliesin

I almost had coffee going through my nose onto the coffee table laughing at your last sentence! That is some creative writing...and creative thinking you got there! I was having a hard time waking up and that fixed that with a good laugh I needed Blessings, Keens

Howdy Pard!
I don't know why, but that shelf road does tend to induce a severe pucker factor when flatlanders ride shotgun.
Maybe it is that sheer cliff wall, maybe it's the drop of several hundred feet in more or less a downward trajectory that bothers them.
You'd think they'd understand it ain't the trip down that bothers anybody, but that sudden stop at the bottom that hurts a bit.

Come to think on it, maybe I should treat you to the ride down Phantom Canyon and back up the Shelf Road.
You can't really appreciate how well a sphincter works until you've tried it for yourself.

Oh, and we could stop in Canyon City and OC while there. Maybe somebody would spot us and write it up on the forum!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin