• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Idaho Falls Library confrontation?

bowb

I just returned from visiting the IF library and had a great time looking at books and hanging with my son, with no problems from the library staff. As I was leaving, I held the inner door for a couple and their child in a stroller while they exited, and the gentleman that was holding the outer as I was walking out then invaded my personal space and asked if I was a cop. I told him no, and he stated that open carry in the library would get me arrested. I told him it was legal to do and told him about Idaho Statute 18-3302(j). Thinking here we go (and a little bit nervous), I started to think of things that could suddenly go bad and how to avoid a confrontation in front of the library.

Well it turns out that he was just uniformed (apparently by a detective from IF police department) that he could not carry in library, banks, the police dept, etc... and it turned into a rather pleasant chat about open carry and the goings on in the govt. He escaped from the jungle (New York) just over three years ago and thanked me for oc'ing and informing him about Idaho law.

Sure beat the heck out of getting into a bad confrontation, and I got the chance to meet a New York transplant.

Mikey Idaho

Great to hear a good experience, recently started carrying (concealed) in IF and have been trying to find out what places around town are not gun friendly.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

DocWalker

I usally carry some Idaho tri-folds for just such encounters. Not only has the information and laws in print but it gives them something to take for reference.

idahoguy84

Idaho Tri-Fold

I hate to revive a a dead thread, but where do you get the tri-folds

Here's a copy of the tri-fold that I uploaded for you. I haven't updated it since April 2010 when I was a law student at University of Idaho, though nothing comes to mind that's really changed since then. I expect we'll have some new case law when Tribble v. State Board of Education is decided by the Idaho Supreme Court.

Attachments

• idaho_gun_law_APR2010_std.pdf
    102.8 KB · Views: 244

hermannr

Here's a copy of the tri-fold that I uploaded for you. I haven't updated it since April 2010 when I was a law student at University of Idaho, though nothing comes to mind that's really changed since then. I expect we'll have some new case law when Tribble v. State Board of Education is decided by the Idaho Supreme Court.

Hej! Haven't heard anything about Tribble in a long time...How is that going?