Thread: OC or CCW classes for a 17 yr old

Question OC or CCW classes for a 17 yr old

Hi OC.org!
    As a 17 yr old i envy everyone that can OC, as I live and work in Phoenix, and travel to parts of the city that Id rather avoid. I plan on OCing after my 18th birthday, are there any courses or classes that would make me a more informed/trained individual when I am able to OC?
    Thanks in advance!
    -Tyler
    Edit:I should add that I have been around pistols and rifles my entire life, and know to to safety check and handle guns safely.
    Last edited by tynet1; 06-29-2012 at 12:33 AM.

http://www.nrainstructors.org/searchcourse.aspx/

An NRA Basic or Advanced Pistol Class will make sure you are very familiar with how sidearms work and how to be safe and accurate with them, which is not an intuitive skill.

After that, you can move to Personal Protection Courses if you really want to work on tactics.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Google AZ gun laws. Read 'em. It's not rocket science. People have carried arms here for 100 years w/o permit or 'training' shizzle.'Last thing you want is to get in a gunfight. Learn to point shoot and do it quickly. Range habits can
    get you killed.

Email me and I will send you an AZ CCW handbook with AZ CCW and firearms laws. It is a good start.
    John@blackwolfccw.com