• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC or CCW classes for a 17 yr old

tynet1

Hi OC.org!
As a 17 yr old i envy everyone that can OC, as I live and work in Phoenix, and travel to parts of the city that Id rather avoid. I plan on OCing after my 18th birthday, are there any courses or classes that would make me a more informed/trained individual when I am able to OC?
Thanks in advance!
-Tyler
Edit:I should add that I have been around pistols and rifles my entire life, and know to to safety check and handle guns safely.

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
http://www.nrainstructors.org/searchcourse.aspx/

An NRA Basic or Advanced Pistol Class will make sure you are very familiar with how sidearms work and how to be safe and accurate with them, which is not an intuitive skill.

After that, you can move to Personal Protection Courses if you really want to work on tactics.

Sonora Rebel

Google AZ gun laws. Read 'em. It's not rocket science. People have carried arms here for 100 years w/o permit or 'training' shizzle.'Last thing you want is to get in a gunfight. Learn to point shoot and do it quickly. Range habits can
get you killed.