Thread: Badges

Yukon, OK

Cool Badges

I had commented in another thread about the need of Law Enforcement to be able to identify legal, card carrying, open carry personnel. I had thought this a good idea at first until I read this dialog, which is a direct quote, from "Treasure of the Sierra Madre".

"Badges, to ***-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you ***-damned cabron and ching' tu madre! Come out there from that ****-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."

Last edited by Grapeshot; 07-01-2012 at 05:56 AM.

Regular Member Springfield Smitty's Avatar
    OKC, OK (Heading back to MI very soon - thank goodness)
    I disagree - I feel that there is no need for LEO's to be able to identify what you say are those who "legally" OC. I feel that there is a need for education of LEO's so that they don't violate anyone's civil rights. You don't have to post your driver's license on your car window, and driving is a privilege, not a right. OC is a constitutionally protected right (2nd Amendment) and therefore should not even require any kind of permit or license. Displaying some kind of credential to OC would be equivalent to having to get a permit and have it on display at all times when you are speaking to anyone (1st Amendment).
    -U.S. Army Veteran (2002-2005) 11BVB4 (Infantry, Airborne, Ranger, some other stuff) SGT (E-5)
    -Public Service Professional - I've done it all: LEO, FF, and EMT
    -Certified NRA Instructor
    -CPL / CCW (whatever other acronym you can think of for carrying a concealed pistol) Instructor
    -Co-founder of OKOCA

I am not an attorney. None of my statements should be accepted, nor are they intended to be offered, as legal advice or fact of law.

Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA

"The 2006 FBI study "Violent Encounters: A Study of Felonious Assaults on Our Nation's Law Enforcement Officers" by Anthony Pinizzotto revealed that criminals carefully conceal their firearms, and they eschew the use of holsters. In layman's terms, this report tells us that, statistically speaking, citizens who are openly wearing a properly holstered handgun and are willing to subject themselves to the intense public and law enforcement scrutiny that open carry brings with it are not criminals."
    From the linked article

It should be easy for LEO's to identify legal OC'ers. 1. Are they openly carrying? 2. Is it in a holster? = Law abiding citizen
    Last edited by okiephlyer; 07-05-2012 at 09:29 PM. Reason: added info