• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Badges

Oklapatriot

I had commented in another thread about the need of Law Enforcement to be able to identify legal, card carrying, open carry personnel. I had thought this a good idea at first until I read this dialog, which is a direct quote, from "Treasure of the Sierra Madre".

"Badges, to ***-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you ***-damned cabron and ching' tu madre! Come out there from that ****-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Springfield Smitty

OKC, OK (Heading back to MI very soon - thank good
I disagree - I feel that there is no need for LEO's to be able to identify what you say are those who "legally" OC. I feel that there is a need for education of LEO's so that they don't violate anyone's civil rights. You don't have to post your driver's license on your car window, and driving is a privilege, not a right. OC is a constitutionally protected right (2nd Amendment) and therefore should not even require any kind of permit or license. Displaying some kind of credential to OC would be equivalent to having to get a permit and have it on display at all times when you are speaking to anyone (1st Amendment).

okiephlyer

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2494233/posts

"The 2006 FBI study "Violent Encounters: A Study of Felonious Assaults on Our Nation's Law Enforcement Officers" by Anthony Pinizzotto revealed that criminals carefully conceal their firearms, and they eschew the use of holsters. In layman's terms, this report tells us that, statistically speaking, citizens who are openly wearing a properly holstered handgun and are willing to subject themselves to the intense public and law enforcement scrutiny that open carry brings with it are not criminals."
From the linked article

It should be easy for LEO's to identify legal OC'ers. 1. Are they openly carrying? 2. Is it in a holster? = Law abiding citizen

Last edited: