Thread: New here and to OC

New here and to OC

Hey everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Brannon, and I live near Clayton. I have been shooting all my life but mostly pistols. I have been wanting a 1911 for a couple of years now and finally got one a couple of months ago. I have been researching OC ALLOT and stumbled on to this forum. A lot of really good information on here! Thanks to all of you making this forum what it is!

Quote Originally Posted by USMC1911-MilSpec View Post
    Hey everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Brannon, and I live near Clayton. I have been shooting all my life but mostly pistols. I have been wanting a 1911 for a couple of years now and finally got one a couple of months ago. I have been researching OC ALLOT and stumbled on to this forum. A lot of really good information on here! Thanks to all of you making this forum what it is!
    Brannon,
    We have a OPEN CARRY meetup at McCalls BBQ and Seafood in Clayton on The 28th of July (Sat. at 12:00PM).
    Go to www.meetup.com/triangle-open-carry to see other places and dates.
    You must register to see the events.
    Lannie
    GRNC Member and volunteer, NRA member and volunteer. Open Carry Advocate
    Triangle Open Carry Co-Organizer: Co-Chairman Johnston county Friends of the NRA.

Welcome to OCDO! I've been wanting a 1911 as well, got mine last month when I turned 21. Gotta love em'!

Update:
    I OC'd at the local Food Lion tonight for about 30 min. My 1911 is full size and stainless, it sticks out! Only one person seemed to notice. He asked me if it was a 9mm or .40, I proudly said "neither, it's a .45". His eyes got big and he says "oh, one shot one kill huh". I just laughed and said "you got it". So my first experience was a positive one.

As far as the meetup, unfortunately I will be out of the country. I will however attend the first one I can!

Hey, join the meetup group that lannie posted in this thread. We meet regularly, so eventually you can make one. Hope to see you.

OH, and I carry a Dan Wesson 1911. great gun.
    Last edited by 62 Caddy; 06-29-2012 at 10:16 PM.

All signed up for the meetup group, thanks! And yes the 1911 is an awesome gun!

Welcome to OCDO!!! Stick around and you'll learn a lot!

1911 is way too generic. What kind of 1911 do you carry? I love 1911s, I have 4. (One Taurus, two RIAs, and a Charles Daly)

Mine is a Springfield Armory Mil-Spec, stainless steal.