• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Took a month to reply. Thanks, BB.

SharpEye

BestBuy.com Customer Care onlinestore@bestbuy.com

Dear Steven xxxxx,

Thank you for conatacting Best Buy. I apologize however for safety reasons Best Buy prohibits carrying firearms in stores. If you have any additional questions feel free to contact us.

Thank you
Nancy Best Buy

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
This inquiry is related to: Store

NC-Heel

BestBuy.com Customer Care onlinestore@bestbuy.com

Dear Steven xxxxx,

Thank you for conatacting Best Buy. I apologize however for safety reasons Best Buy prohibits carrying firearms in stores. If you have any additional questions feel free to contact us.

Thank you
Nancy Best Buy

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
This inquiry is related to: Store
Did you inform them that all they have to do is post do not shop here signs at the doors?

NC-Heel

I guess it depends on which CSR answers you question also.

Think I will print this out and pay that manager who kicked me out a little
visit, He told me that corporate policy is to not allow customers to carry guns.

Aaron,

Thank you for contacting Best Buy. I'm Anjuli with Customer Care.

I appreciate your concern Best Buy?s policies in regards to allowing firearms in
our stores. At Best Buy, we are committed to abiding to all state and local
regulations, and we are also committed to the safety of our customers and
employees. Best Buy does not have a company policy prohibiting customers
from lawfully carrying hand guns in our stores.

Thank you for sharing your comments with Best Buy. Please don't hesitate to
contact us with additional questions or concerns.

Best Wishes from Best Buy,
Anjuli and the Consumer Relations Team
Code:
[/QUOTE]

ArmySoldier22

Call in and ask to talk to somebody else, because the person who sent you an email didn't know what they were talking about. I work at Best Buy, and there's been many many discussions between people in my store and the Human Resources department about the issue. I carry in to there whenever I'm not on the clock, as do many customers.

VW_Factor

Was going to say..

Not that I go there often, but I've never even been looked at sideways in a BB store.

62 Caddy

I don't go into BB too much these days as the chain seems to be on the last days before bankruptcy. But when I do I always OC and have never had an issue and I am in Cary. Too bad about BB, it was just before Christmas and wanted the Alabama Christmas CD, only to find that their CD selection was very minimal for any genre.

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I use them for hands on. I go in, waste their employees' time with questions, check out stuff I might want to buy. Then, I leave and buy it somewhere else. Usually online. And I'm usually Concealing while I do it.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
BestBuyMoron said:
... I apologize however for safety reasons Best Buy prohibits carrying firearms in stores....

I always wonder why they apologize if they truly think it's for "safety reasons".

Last edited: