• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

quickest state to apply for a ccw

Sc1woody86

i was wondering which states are easiest to obtain a ccw permit from with me being a resident of missouri i want to get more then one but dont have any right now im 26 and have nothing on my background that would get me denied

cshoff

Yeah, the average wait time for new applicants in Missouri is probably around 2 weeks. I don't know of any other state where you can obtain a non-resident permit in that short of a time frame. That said, I believe AZ generally takes around 2 months, which isn't bad for a non-resident permit.

Redbaron007

I would agree MO is pretty quick; however, it depends on the county as well. Here in Greene County, Springfield MO, they will generally take close to the full length of time; not sure why, except the lady that processes these has other duties and from what I've heard, these are not priorities and only works on them when can. :rolleyes:

Just out of curiosity, why do you want an OOS permit?

osmanobma

dont get the one from Maine, it has been 76 days and still no permit. i believe by law the are required to issue it within 60 days, doesnt seem like they follow it.

the only reason i got the Maine permit is because im only 19, and Missouri requires you to be 21 (thank God, not 23 anymore)

Things have probably changed in AZ but when I applied for mine I sent the application 7-8-11. It was issued 7-28-11. A quick 3 week turn around. Exceptional service.

attrapereves

About a year ago I got my non-res AZ and FL permits. The AZ permit took about two months and the FL permit took about a month.

It's actually cheaper to get the FL or AZ permit. I'm not getting the Missouri CCW because it's only valid for 3 years and costs almost as much as the FL permit which is valid for 7 years.

Jack House

The Florida permit won't let ya skip out on the background checks for buying a new weapon, though.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

No skipping out on the background check on a purchase from a FFL in MO even if you have the MO permit and 35 others.

OC for ME

About a year ago I got my non-res AZ and FL permits. The AZ permit took about two months and the FL permit took about a month.

It's actually cheaper to get the FL or AZ permit. I'm not getting the Missouri CCW because it's only valid for 3 years and costs almost as much as the FL permit which is valid for 7 years.
You are not exempt from the GFSZ law with a OOS permit. Get a MO endorsement.