Thread: Emergency Assistance in South Richmond

Emergency Assistance in South Richmond

We are broke down at exit 69 on I-95. All the hotels here are booked due to the storm. Not sure what is wrong with the truck. We are waiting to get it towed off the highway and into a parking lot to diagnose it. If anyone can help please call 336-688-2434.

Thanks,
    Justin B

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Racer X View Post
    We are broke down at exit 69 on I-95. All the hotels here are booked due to the storm. Not sure what is wrong with the truck. We are waiting to get it towed off the highway and into a parking lot to diagnose it. If anyone can help please call 336-688-2434.

Thanks,
    Justin B
    Sorry Justin I just got back on the net. What's your status?

Sorry I didn't update this sooner. We rode out the storms in the truck and then finally got it towed off the highway. We were able to get it cranked back and continued our trip to Delaware. We got to Dover around 6am. I think the fuel system vapor locked and ran the carb dry. I primed the carb and she fired right up. Been running fine since then.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Racer X View Post
    Sorry I didn't update this sooner. We rode out the storms in the truck and then finally got it towed off the highway. We were able to get it cranked back and continued our trip to Delaware. We got to Dover around 6am. I think the fuel system vapor locked and ran the carb dry. I primed the carb and she fired right up. Been running fine since then.
    A carburetor? We have an oldie but goodie, maybe even a classic?

Suggest either rerouting your fuel line or insulating it, maybe both. Of course the very high ambient temperatures likely contributed.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Fuel line insulation

Summit racing has rolls of exhaust insulation that I have used to cover fuel lines from about $37. Boy does that bring back memories, I had a 67 Dodge Charger that would vapor lock if the sun shined on it.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/?...sulation&dds=1

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Speaking of the latest storm, we are spotters for the Weather Service (not storm chasers) but I couldn't resist yesterday.
    I followed the tornados around three counties then followed the storms last night.

Last edited by peter nap; 07-01-2012 at 02:23 PM.