• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Emergency Assistance in South Richmond

Racer X

We are broke down at exit 69 on I-95. All the hotels here are booked due to the storm. Not sure what is wrong with the truck. We are waiting to get it towed off the highway and into a parking lot to diagnose it. If anyone can help please call 336-688-2434.

Thanks,
Justin B

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
We are broke down at exit 69 on I-95. All the hotels here are booked due to the storm. Not sure what is wrong with the truck. We are waiting to get it towed off the highway and into a parking lot to diagnose it. If anyone can help please call 336-688-2434.

Thanks,
Justin B

Sorry Justin I just got back on the net. What's your status?

Racer X

Sorry I didn't update this sooner. We rode out the storms in the truck and then finally got it towed off the highway. We were able to get it cranked back and continued our trip to Delaware. We got to Dover around 6am. I think the fuel system vapor locked and ran the carb dry. I primed the carb and she fired right up. Been running fine since then.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Sorry I didn't update this sooner. We rode out the storms in the truck and then finally got it towed off the highway. We were able to get it cranked back and continued our trip to Delaware. We got to Dover around 6am. I think the fuel system vapor locked and ran the carb dry. I primed the carb and she fired right up. Been running fine since then.

A carburetor? We have an oldie but goodie, maybe even a classic?

Suggest either rerouting your fuel line or insulating it, maybe both. Of course the very high ambient temperatures likely contributed.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Speaking of the latest storm, we are spotters for the Weather Service (not storm chasers) but I couldn't resist yesterday.
I followed the tornados around three counties then followed the storms last night.

lightening.jpg

Last edited: