• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Got stoped by a patron on my way out of "Dunkin Donuts" near lake monticello

Sheriff

ignorelist.jpg

mwaterous

For crying out loud... and I have a hard time justifying ammo for the range. I'm building an AR piece by piece so I can spread the cost out over a few months (well primarily so I can have it "my way")... and then there's people like you.

I squint my eyes at you. Squint them!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Gee, I wonder how he bought all that on a dollar a year salary?

Don't get too impressed. Looking at it, he's still in the small time gun collection.

Last edited:

mwaterous

Gee, I wonder how he bought all that on a dollar a year salary?

Don't get too impressed. Looking at it, he's still in the small time gun collection.

I guess I'm impressed by small things. :rolleyes: I'm already $50k in debt attempting to increase my salary, so I respect the hard work anybody puts in to earning a living... but if that's a small time gun collection, that makes me a pauper with a pocket knife. A pocket knife made out of wood. Cheap... soft wood.... not even flint knapped stone. WOOD.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I guess I'm impressed by small things. :rolleyes: I'm already $50k in debt attempting to increase my salary, so I respect the hard work anybody puts in to earning a living... but if that's a small time gun collection, that makes me a pauper with a pocket knife. A pocket knife made out of wood. Cheap... soft wood.... not even flint knapped stone. WOOD.

Don't get in a hurry, it comes one gun at a time over a lifetime.
Besides, it isn't how many you own, it's how well you shoot what you have.

Wait until you get into serious reloading. I have a whole building dedicated to casting, swaging, case making and reloading. It's a sickness!:D
Some in the "Old Man's Club" think it's funny I buy wheelweights from the scrap yard in 55 gallon barrels.

Last edited:

BlueRidgeTrapper

I think when someone replies with a quote from you he can see your material. At least that's how it is on other forums...which reminds me, I haven't been harassed for a while lol...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
At least now I know where my old system went.

Be careful Sheriff that no one slams the vault door shut when you are inside. :uhoh:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
... and then there's people like you. I squint my eyes at you. Squint them!

I'm wondering how anybody with all that firepower would have any hearing left for the speakers and headphones. Of course, that may be why the speakers and headphones are way up on the top shelf. :)

scouser

I realized that was my first post after I posted it... I read so many forums I guess I forgot which ones I'm actually active in. :)

I have a high level of respect for the 1911, so I hope that post came across for what it was; tongue in cheek. I have heard a lot of good about Colt finally coming full circle and bringing their own 1911 back up to spec for the first time in 20 years... I am also glad that the XD, XDm and XDs all took what lessons they have from the 1911, but I definitely wouldn't classify them as the same gun myself simply for those reasons.

One more thing to love about the Springfield, the double stacked magazines, gotta love the fact there's 14 (13+1) rounds in a .45 .. although Grape does have a very nice looking 1911, at least the parts you can see while he's wearing it look very nice.