• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another great day at the range.

mobiushky

I have a friend who is a member of a very private shooting range in Denver. He's been telling me I should go with him some day. Well today was the day. I had to go through a brief range orientation before I can shoot there, so he worked it out so we could do the orientation this morning and then shoot a few toys after.

After we finished, we went to the pistol range and set up a mini-IDPA style course. They have a weekly practical pistol shoot there and he wanted to show me what they do. (He's also invited me to join them) Anyway, He went through all the procedures about shooting the course and explained the scenario. Then lined me up and let me shoot the course. Only 4 targets and I had to double tap each center of mass. As soon as the timer started, my mind shut off and I forgot every thing I had learned. I didn't even aim at the first 2 targets. When I got to the 3rd, I finally realized what I was doing. I actually told myself to knock it off and do what I'm supposed to. Aimed and got both of the last 2. Wow, what an eye opening experience. Then he re-organized the course. This time with a hostage situation and a cover barrier we had to stay behind. Again, for a brief second, I blanked. But I settled a lot faster on this one and hit the BG 4 times in the head. I was only supposed to shoot 2, but my first 2 shots were blocked by the stand and I didn't see them. Oh well.

After that, he brought out some toys. He brought his Glock 21, S&W .357 Mag revolver, S&W 22A, AK-47, AR-15, Benelli Tactical 12Ga, Remington 12Ga pump, etc, etc. We shot them all. At the end, we had the targets at 50 yrds. While he was playing with his AR-15, I tried my hand at shooting my little G19 50 yrds. First 15 rounds? 3 hits. LOL!! I realized I needed to pay more attention to my control. Second time at it? Well, not 15 hits, but I got bout 7 or 8 at 50 yards. BTW, the target was an 8.5" by 11" paper. So I was pretty happy with that.

Overall another spectacular day at a range. I feel so blessed to be in the company of people who are so willing to share and teach. You guys here and my friends that all of a sudden I am learning they shoot too! Great day.

PS, this friend is not real OC friendly, but that's ok I won't hold it against him. He's just the super ultra safety oriented and doesn't like the idea of OC. But has no problem with CC.:)

Last edited:

Bellum_Intus

Where's the darn "like" button :p

I had a so-so day at the range today.. Was shooting 80% (6" @ 15 yds) .. so I decided just to take a break, head in and reload some buckshot..
I may head in to town tomorrow and buy supplies for a new reloading bench.. rofl..

Another bit of semi - bad news.. I am the only person registered for the NRA instructor course starting July 7th, if we don't get 2 more.. I'll have to wait until the next course >.<

GAH!!!!

I'll go OC in Home Depot tomorrow.. and buy wood..

--Rob

zach

I had a good day at the range as well!

Took my 16 y/o daughter out to start getting her dialed in on her new 7mm-08. Once I got it zero'd at 100yds she took over. She's shooting about 7-8 in groups for now. With more practice we'll get that slimmed down.

After we put the rifles away out came the pistols. She shot my dads 1911 .22 & 9mm.

I just tossed fruitcake around.....

LoneEchoWolf

Where's the darn "like" button :p

I had a so-so day at the range today.. Was shooting 80% (6" @ 15 yds) .. so I decided just to take a break, head in and reload some buckshot..
I may head in to town tomorrow and buy supplies for a new reloading bench.. rofl..

Another bit of semi - bad news.. I am the only person registered for the NRA instructor course starting July 7th, if we don't get 2 more.. I'll have to wait until the next course >.<

GAH!!!!

I'll go OC in Home Depot tomorrow.. and buy wood..

--Rob

Wheres the course at? and how much? i can look into trying to get up there maybe. Oh and rob couldnt help but notice you reload, i just found these really old Winchester 38. special JSP's and was curious if you wanted them for the caseings or something its only 20 left, if not thats perfectly fine im going to turn them in i have no use for them and there so old to me there dangerious just sitting around. figured id at least ask.