Thread: Let permit expire...I'm an idiot... Question...

Hybrid View

Let permit expire...I'm an idiot... Question...

Ok, as the subject line said, I let my permit expire. Issued here in Tennessee just to make
    sure everyone understands. Lady said it was ok as long as it doesn't go beyond 6 months.
    Procedure for reissue is the same as if I had applied for renewal and it hadn't expired.
    OK fine. That was a load off my mine. Now, for all the folks out there that had to renew,
    what kind of turn-around time did you see? 2 weeks before it was in your hand? 2 months??
    Just wanted to know approx' what I could expect.

Thank you,

Johnny

There is one difference between applying for renewal before it expires or applying afterwards. If you apply before it expires you can still carry (even if you don't get your new HCP till after the expiration date) with your HCP and the receipt for renewal. If you don't apply until after it expires you can't carry until the new HCP arrives.

That all said, it seems about 4 weeks or so, sometimes less is what most people have reported on getting their HCP.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

I let my permit expire years ago. One is not needed to OC and I only OC. The only reason I got it was to buy long guns without waiting on the not so instant, insta check. I am not buying anymore long guns so I didn't need it anymore, and if I do I only need a PP for that. But your laws are probably different.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    I let my permit expire years ago. One is not needed to OC and I only OC. The only reason I got it was to buy long guns without waiting on the not so instant, insta check. I am not buying anymore long guns so I didn't need it anymore, and if I do I only need a PP for that. But your laws are probably different.
    totally different. we need our permit to CC and to OC.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by SovereignAxe View Post
    totally different. we need our permit to CC and to OC.
    That is a shame, I hate it when states turn a right into a paid privilege.

Yep. I would love to change it but I think support would be sparse at best. OC is very rare here-if you couldn't tell by the frequency of posts in the TN forum.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

YOU will be assimilated into the Borg collective....