• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rite Aid Prohibits Open Carry in Bellevue, WA..?

Flopsweat

Welcome to OCDO Jason.

I've also shopped at LowPriceGuns. I've probably bought about half a dozen guns there by now, so I guess you could count me as a satisfied customer. Great customer service and actual low prices, unlike some stores with the word Discount in their name... Several of the guns that I bought I ordered on their website and picked up at the store. No shipping and transfer charges. Nice. Good ammo prices too.

LkWd_Don

OK, to pull this back on track.... has anyone contacted corporate? If not I can get the ball rolling, just let me know.

-Bill

I was waiting to hear for sure,f anyone had contacted them previously and what that result was. I still have not found anything giving what their corporate policy 2.1 is. If you do contact them, it might be worthwhile to ask and to see if it only applies to employees.

Last edited:

Bill Starks

State Researcher
I was waiting to hear for sure,f anyone had contacted them previously and what that result was. I still have not found anything giving what their corporate policy 2.1 is. If you do contact them, it might be worthwhile to ask and to see if it only applies to employees.

My letter will cover all the bases. its the same one I used for Fred Meyer and many others.

-Bill

Wolfebane

I may look the part, but lets not as it is a crime to impersonate an officer. What he does in that space between his ears is up to him, but I'm not participating.

I have encountered a situation in which someone made the assumption that I was an officer, I didn't correct them, but I also didn't necessarily go along with them.

I was picking up my pizza order at a pizza hut (it was a rather large order) and a woman came into line behind me, saw me open carrying and said something to the effect of "The officers down at the station sure must be hungry).

Busy dealing with my large order and not dropping it and being taken aback at someone else being in the place at such a late hour I offhandedly replied as I walked out the door, "Don't you know it."

That was my only such extended counter like that, other then how most encounters start out with "are you a cop?"

Trigger Dr

My standard reply when asked "Are you a cop?" is "Why, is there a problem?" Usually they will say "no, no problem". Then I close by saying that's good, have a nice day.

Flopsweat

When asked if I'm an LEO, I don't like to leave any room for misinterpretation. If that means that one out of ten times I have a slightly longer conversation, so be it. No offense, but if I really wanted people to think I was a cop I'd go earn the badge.

Freedom1Man

When asked if I'm an LEO, I don't like to leave any room for misinterpretation. If that means that one out of ten times I have a slightly longer conversation, so be it. No offense, but if I really wanted people to think I was a cop I'd go earn the badge.

If I wanted the badge I would eat more crackerjacks.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
A email has been sent to corporate. Their online comment section did not give me a copy of what I emailed, so now we just have to wait for their reply.

-Bill