• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bank Guard Encounter

jhco50

It was a hot day........okay, I'm not going to write an essay on this. :lol: I was in the bank last week and when I was leaving, the bank guard (a woman) was holding the door for me. As I thanked her to leave she said, "Sir" and I turned around to look at her.

She started out asking me what kind of sidearm I was carrying. Then it was what caliber and do you need a permit to carry like I was. Then she told me she wanted to get her concealed carry permit, but would like to be able to carry openly as well. I told her she could with or without the permit. She told me what kind of pistol she had (I forget it now...hey, I'm old!) and that she had not had any experience with revolvers. I explained all of the little nuances of getting her permit for concealed carry and about open carry as well.

I suggested she visit this site because she didn't know anything about the laws. She told me she heard you can only shoot the bad guy 3 times or they would prosecute you. I kinda snickered about that, thinking to myself...empty the gun, reload, empty the gun......just kidding about the reloads.

She kept me standing in front of the bank for about 15 minutes in conversation. It was good to see such interest.

JamesB

...thinking to myself...empty the gun, reload, empty the gun......just kidding about the reloads.

You are only allowed to reload and shoot again if you have a badge. And that's only because you missed him completely the first time. *

*based only upon youtube videos, not personal experience.