• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Golden Corral - 5362 Dixie Hwy - Louisville

kywildcat581

In a very brief explaination and not too many details listed I will give information... I would give more details if my memory were better

About a month ago I took the family to this establishment and I was OC... I almost knew for certain there was about to be a scene over my firearm.. that gut feeling. I actually went into this establishment with my EMPTY blackhawk CQC holster. The details are a blur but I was informed that the policy is no firearms which of course I showed an empty holster and ate my meal. I had just gotten off of a 12 hour shift at the quarry.. was not in the mood to argue about things as I was enjoying my weekly night out with my family and did not want that trip to end abruptly. More details would be available if the fatigue that night didn't disturb my memory a month later LOL

I found that policy was kind of weird because I believe another golden corral is the meeting place for the OC meet and greets in another part of the state and I recall seeing a post about golden corral following state law. I have emailed corporate waiting for a response.

Being that Louisville is a large city for our little ol state, I would expect to get a little more tension for an OC... but this is really my first negative experience. I plan to CC until I get conformation from corporate then, who knows..

Just a heads up.. figured I would give notice that I am fighting this and waiting on corporate response. Personally I can CC and no one would have a clue I was carrying, but I know there are a few people that OC in louisville and I am trying to save us some hassle.

Note: I did include "If your corporate policy is to follow local state law, please relay this information at a store level to employees and management to avoid future conflicts."

The overall goal here is not to start trouble, but to eliminate hassle.

WOD

I went to their web site, and poked around the various links, and I couldn't find anything on their policies at all. Usually you can find out the corporate policies if you do some digging through links and tabs. If they do claim to follow State law, then carry on, worse they can do is ask you to leave.

kywildcat581

I went to their web site, and poked around the various links, and I couldn't find anything on their policies at all. Usually you can find out the corporate policies if you do some digging through links and tabs. If they do claim to follow State law, then carry on, worse they can do is ask you to leave.

Well nother poster a while back had this same issue and the corporate office informed him that the company follows state law. I can't find the post for it though.

Asking me to leave... yeah I am aware, but if it is the policy then the food is too good to pass up rather than request some training to the personnel. Or just CC :)

kywildcat581

"It says a lot about a company that honors our country's veterans. On Military Appreciation Day, we get a chance to give something back to those who safeguarded our liberties. That feels really good." - Rose - Hospitality Manager

With that on the Golden Corral web site it would almost be a conflict to deny the second amendment.. eh?

http://goldencorral.hodesiq.com/culture.asp?user_id

KRM59

Kind strange

I find the whole thing strange, I live close to there and eat there often and i open carry there everytime and never had one word said to me. over the last year i can say i have ate there once a week and always am Armed, alone and with others

Last edited:

papa bear

i have eaten at at least four different states a GC, and i have never had a problem. some even welcome some of us at meet and greets. they have even encouraged us. need more update on this

kywildcat581

When I get the response I will update.. honestly with my CDWL it doesn't effect me directly, but I don't like the simple concept and I wish to get this cleared up for future people... I hope I will hear something tomorrow

neuroblades

EKOC meets at Golden Corral in Ashland.

When I get the response I will update.. honestly with my CDWL it doesn't effect me directly, but I don't like the simple concept and I wish to get this cleared up for future people... I hope I will hear something tomorrow

Wildcat, one of our Eastern Kentucky OC M&G groups meets at the Golden Corral in Ashland once a month, usually the middle weekend of the month. Thus far we've never encountered any negative reactions from the restaurants managers or employees. In fact, we've had a lengthy discussion with that GC's manager and he informed us that thought they (manager's & employee's) weren't allowed by company policy to carry while working, that he "felt alot safer knowing that there were people in the restaurant that were carrying".

I have OC/CC in the Ashland & Lexington Golden Corral's many times with little to no reaction, other than maybe a few people eyeing the sidearm and I've had a few ask about OC in Kentucky.

I'll be following this thread for further info on this situation though.

kywildcat581

I received your email concerning your visit to our Golden Corral and we are so sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. Thank you for taking the time to bring this situation to our attention. We are glad that you chose to come to us and tell us about what happened so we could follow-up on it. We care about what happens when each and every Golden Corral customer comes to visit.

I have asked that a member of the management team take some time to investigate this issue, speak with the staff and contact you within the next few days to let you know the outcomes.

At Golden Corral, we pride ourselves in "Making Pleasurable Dining Affordable" to every guest, at every restaurant, every day. I am so sorry for your experience. We certainly want to give you the kind of experience that you will want to return to. We thank you for the opportunity to fix this and hope you come and visit with us again.

Sincerely,
Tovah Gering

Awaiting this "Management Contact.. which is funny because the "Management" is the one who informed me. I would like a better response.. this is passing the buck back to the problem's root IMO

kywildcat581

My initial email to corporate:

General Comment

I was visiting Golden Corral on Dixie Hwy sometime in June. It could have been late May. I was with my family and I did not want a scene. In the great state of Kentucky the carry of a firearm is not restricted when carried openly with or without a permit. The Manager on duty the day I was there informed me that it is policy to have no firearms in the restaraunt, even if legally carrying. I noticed that this was a little strange on a corporate level as I have caught the glimpse of corporate policy being to abide by state law^s where the restaraunt is located. Is this still true? I ate my meal with an empty holster that day as I did not want to cause a scene and did not want to leave. But I would appreciate a response on the matter at a corporate level to clarify if Golden Corral is actually for following state law so I can feel comfortable dining in this fine establishment in the future. Thank you for whatever you can provide. To avoid future problems, if it is true that the state law is followed and the 2nd amendment is not infringed upon, can you please provide this information at a store level to inform employee^s to avoid any further conflicts? Thanks!

kywildcat581

David,

Sorry it has taken so long to get back with you. We do follow the laws of each state you are correct and I have followed up with that restaurant and will discuss with each of my restaurants in Kentucky. If you could do me a favor and give me a description of who told you this I would appreciate it. I would be glad to talk to you more if you wish my number is below. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Thank you,

Gil White

Golden Corral

District Manager

kywildcat581

You did a great job getting this straightened out. I'm glad to hear that Golden Corral loves liberty. Keep at it whereever you find it. Do you know if the manager who confronted you was corrected about their policy?

he followed up with the store, so I am assuming management as a whole...

he is wanting to know the exact person, honestly I don't want to throw her under the bus.. she only followed what she believed was correct, and now the correct method is delivered to her as a group.. any further issues will be addressed on a more personal level.

This isnt a personal attack, just an overall establishment question :)

oh, and thanks gut.. feels good knowing I may have helped some of our community.. honestly I will probably be cc but if someone catches a print or a glimpse i do not want a scene..

Last edited:

v8shoguy

Wanted to let you guys know that I ate there on 7/5 while OC (Springfield XD) and didn't have any problems. Guess management got the message from corporate :) Didn't even know that this thread existed at the time.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
You did a great job getting this straightened out. I'm glad to hear that Golden Corral loves liberty. Keep at it whereever you find it. Do you know if the manager who confronted you was corrected about their policy?

As am I! It seems that Golden Corral really does care about our liberties and the men and women that place their life on the line to protect those liberties. I will certainly be patronizing this establishment more in the future, especially since I'm only 2 miles from the nearest one. Great work Kywildcat!