Thread: 8 us air marshals in ny face firings

8 us air marshals in ny face firings

NEW YORK (AP) — The Transportation Security Administration is firing eight federal air marshals, including a supervisor, for allegedly drinking alcohol on a training day and suspending six others for not reporting the misconduct, the agency said Friday.

read more; http://bigstory.ap.org/article/apnew...y-face-firings

Big Gov't outta control !!!

When will the madness stop !?!?

peace&rkba4ever!

No worries, once they're Federalized, they'll automatically become more Professionalized.

Aren't they already Federal LEO's?

Now, that said, this kind of misconduct is zero tolerance? A friggin' beer with lunch on a classroom day? Yeah, not exactly kosher, but I'd rather they have zero-tolerance for violations of civil rights.

Also, ONLY the supervisor should face the maximum punishment here. It is likely that many of the others would not have done so if they hadn't seen their boss doing it.

The fact that they had their sidearms is a non-issue for me.
    Last edited by MAC702; 07-01-2012 at 03:41 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

The whole thing is a non issue as it was a training day, unless they were shooting that day. Absolutely ridicules waste of money to train individuals and then fire them for this kind of bullcarp. Seems the federal gov can't do anything with any common sense.

Just when were Air marshals put under TSA? They have always been a part of the USMS.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Aren't they already Federal LEO's?

Now, that said, this kind of misconduct is zero tolerance? A friggin' beer with lunch on a classroom day? Yeah, not exactly kosher, but I'd rather they have zero-tolerance for violations of civil rights.

Also, ONLY the supervisor should face the maximum punishment here. It is likely that many of the others would not have done so if they hadn't seen their boss doing it.

The fact that they had their sidearms is a non-issue for me.
    Not saying I agree or disagree with the law but if a local or state law PROHIBITS the consumption of alcohol while armed then either prosecute for the crime or CHANGE THE LAW TO ONE THAT YOU ARE WILLING TO PROSECUTE as long as it is in compliance with both State and Federal Constitutionally PROTECTED RIGHTS. And ANY LEO--- Local, State, or Federal should know what is legal or not for them to do!
    Last edited by JoeSparky; 07-03-2012 at 08:21 PM.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Quote Originally Posted by OldCurlyWolf View Post
    Just when were Air marshals put under TSA? They have always been a part of the USMS.
    They've never been part of USMS. They've been FAA and Customs, then were moved into TSA when DHS was formed post-9/11.

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    They've never been part of USMS. They've been FAA and Customs, then were moved into TSA when DHS was formed post-9/11.
    And technically, ALL Federal LEAs answer to DHS now, and TSA is DHS's "golden child" in the comand structure hierarchy.

If DHS gets their way, within the decade any enforcement agency that deals with things that roll, float or fly will be under TSA--from the Coast Guard, to Customs, to state and local LE...

How many fingers am I holding up NOW, Winston?
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Not saying I agree or disagree with the law but if a local or state law PROHIBITS the consumption of alcohol while armed then either prosecute for the crime or CHANGE THE LAW TO ONE THAT YOU ARE WILLING TO PROSECUTE as long as it is in compliance with both State and Federal Constitutionally PROTECTED RIGHTS. And ANY LEO--- Local, State, or Federal should know what is legal or not for them to do!
    Actually, many States have SPECIFIC exemptions for LEO in the statutes prohibiting consumption of alcohol whole carrying concealed or open.

And there is NO Federal code that addresses this issue, because the Federal government is prohibited by the US Constitution from regulating such activity...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 07-03-2012 at 09:49 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    And technically, ALL Federal LEAs answer to DHS now . . .
    No, they don't.