• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

8 us air marshals in ny face firings

scott58dh

NEW YORK (AP) — The Transportation Security Administration is firing eight federal air marshals, including a supervisor, for allegedly drinking alcohol on a training day and suspending six others for not reporting the misconduct, the agency said Friday.

read more;:arrow: http://bigstory.ap.org/article/apnewsbreak-us-air-marshals-ny-face-firings

Big Gov't outta control !!!

When will the madness stop !?!?

peace&rkba4ever!:cool:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Aren't they already Federal LEO's?

Now, that said, this kind of misconduct is zero tolerance? A friggin' beer with lunch on a classroom day? Yeah, not exactly kosher, but I'd rather they have zero-tolerance for violations of civil rights.

Also, ONLY the supervisor should face the maximum punishment here. It is likely that many of the others would not have done so if they hadn't seen their boss doing it.

The fact that they had their sidearms is a non-issue for me.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

The whole thing is a non issue as it was a training day, unless they were shooting that day. Absolutely ridicules waste of money to train individuals and then fire them for this kind of bullcarp. Seems the federal gov can't do anything with any common sense.

JoeSparky

Centurion
Aren't they already Federal LEO's?

Now, that said, this kind of misconduct is zero tolerance? A friggin' beer with lunch on a classroom day? Yeah, not exactly kosher, but I'd rather they have zero-tolerance for violations of civil rights.

Also, ONLY the supervisor should face the maximum punishment here. It is likely that many of the others would not have done so if they hadn't seen their boss doing it.

The fact that they had their sidearms is a non-issue for me.

Not saying I agree or disagree with the law but if a local or state law PROHIBITS the consumption of alcohol while armed then either prosecute for the crime or CHANGE THE LAW TO ONE THAT YOU ARE WILLING TO PROSECUTE as long as it is in compliance with both State and Federal Constitutionally PROTECTED RIGHTS. And ANY LEO--- Local, State, or Federal should know what is legal or not for them to do!

Last edited:

Dreamer

They've never been part of USMS. They've been FAA and Customs, then were moved into TSA when DHS was formed post-9/11.

And technically, ALL Federal LEAs answer to DHS now, and TSA is DHS's "golden child" in the comand structure hierarchy.

If DHS gets their way, within the decade any enforcement agency that deals with things that roll, float or fly will be under TSA--from the Coast Guard, to Customs, to state and local LE...

How many fingers am I holding up NOW, Winston?

Dreamer

Not saying I agree or disagree with the law but if a local or state law PROHIBITS the consumption of alcohol while armed then either prosecute for the crime or CHANGE THE LAW TO ONE THAT YOU ARE WILLING TO PROSECUTE as long as it is in compliance with both State and Federal Constitutionally PROTECTED RIGHTS. And ANY LEO--- Local, State, or Federal should know what is legal or not for them to do!

Actually, many States have SPECIFIC exemptions for LEO in the statutes prohibiting consumption of alcohol whole carrying concealed or open.

And there is NO Federal code that addresses this issue, because the Federal government is prohibited by the US Constitution from regulating such activity...

Last edited: