Thread: I now understand why Texans like to carry such small guns

I now understand why Texans like to carry such small guns

Aside from the fact that they have to conceal carry, it's the heat!

Anyone here knows we're having an oppressive heat wave that's broken multiple records. The first day of the heat wave, Thursday, I was at work in an air conditioned hospital all day freezing my butt off. The second day, Friday, I open carried to one place-Adavance Auto-to buy some R-134a to recharge my car's AC (which helped tremendously). After that I drove to a friend's house in NC where I disarmed for two reasons-it was just too hot and I was going to drinking...relatively heavily.

When I took off my Serpa I noticed a distinctly wet sweat spot on my hip where it had been. What I would have given for a tiny little mouse gun like the LCP!

I don't mind carrying a full size service weapon in hot weather, but in record breaking heat it is quite uncomfortable. So I can see why someone that deals with this kind of heat on a regular basis would want a much smaller, lighter handgun.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

I'm in Arizona, it's hot all the time in the summer and I always carry a full size pistol. 110, 120 it's all the same...hot...
    Nobody ever wishes that they had brought a smaller gun to a gun fight.

Clark County, NV-----------------------Mohave County, AZ
    They should make it a law in Texas that police can only carry in the same manner that citizens can. Watch and see how fast open carry gets passed in Texas after that.
    Blue & Gold Firearms Training; Clark County, NV
    Certified Concierge Instruction

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix David View Post
    I'm in Arizona, it's hot all the time in the summer and I always carry a full size pistol. 110, 120 it's all the same...hot...
    Yeah, but your humidity is like 6%. Try it out with 50-80% humidity and tell me if you still like your full size.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by SovereignAxe View Post
    Yeah, but your humidity is like 6%. Try it out with 50-80% humidity and tell me if you still like your full size.
    Attachment 8764