• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Got hassled for the first time while OC'ing :)

Morbidph8

Well got my first time out of the way :). I was OC'ing in a Goodwill on Signal Butte and Main in East Mesa. Now I have seen goodwill's with the anti-gun sign at thier doors before. This one didn't have a sign, not that it means anything anyways. I don't want to be a ***** since Im the guy with a gun. So I look for the signs and don't enter. Well this GW had no such sign. I am inside shopping with my wife, for about 45mins. When a GW employee walks up to me and with a heavy dose of additude. says "You can't carry that weapon in here." I go "Ummm thier was no sign on the door." She goes "Oh no thier is a sign!" And walks away. So I turn to my wife and tell her ill be in the car. As Im walking out an older gentilman who overhead this says "Great kick out the one guy who could protect us." I looked at him an smiled. Felt really good to have some stranger stick up for me. As I left the building I doubled checked. Yep I was right there was no sign. Oh well I will just CC their next time. Well popped my cherry on getting harassed for OC'ing. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. :) Anybody else get hassled in a Goodwill? Now I know I should stop shopping at GW for the way I was treated but, I have been a GW shopper for decades. Plus I can make a profit on some of there stuff so I will still keep going, I will just conceal.

Sonora Rebel

You encountered a GW employee with an attitude. It's not GW corporate policy. No sign... it's not a legit trespass.
She may as well tell you you can't wear blue pants. I'd go back and carry anyway.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...So I turn to my wife and tell her ill be in the car. As Im walking out an older gentilman who overhead this says "Great kick out the one guy who could protect us." ...

If I had been that guy, I'd have left with you and told them why.

So, did you leave your wife defenseless in the store to continue to give them your money? :confused: