Thread: Rose's on Pantops Mnt is not carry firendly

Rose's on Pantops Mnt is not carry firendly

I was getting ready to go in to Rose's on pantops this morning with my wife then I saw the anti 2nd amendment sign!! So I took my gun and my money to somewhere that allows me to support my rights
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	89979VS.gif 
Views:	296 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	8743   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	no-guns-no-money-sign.jpg 
Views:	641 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	8744  

There's a good card here that works for both OC and CC:

http://paopencarry.org/no-guns-no-money-cards

TFred

Thug zone.. I remember a guy at pizza hut? had shot and killed? a guy for robbing them/kiddnapping/was trying to shoot or something. Forget the whole story, but the point was is he had a permit to carry and he shot the guy, they fired him. He saved the lives of people that day, and his reward was fired. I wonder if he could have sued for creation of peril.

Creation of peril: An individual who intentionally or negligently places another in danger has a duty of rescue
    Last edited by ocholsteroc; 07-01-2012 at 05:12 PM.
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

Thanks for the heads up. My wife had wanted to stop by there, oh well that's not going to happen now.

Dear Managers/Owners,

A friend on mine noticed your Pantops store was posted with a no firearms allowed sign.

I take my right to personal protection very seriously. My wife and I are fairly new to the area and are law abiding citizens who up until this today had planned on visiting your store. However, we refuse to spend our hard earned money patronizing any establishment that denies our rights and personal choice to carry a firearm.
    When a business actively forbids the lawful from carrying firearms they are telling criminals they are welcomed inside and that they'll meet no resistant's from customers inside, entering and or leaving as well as employees of said store.

I am sure that you can understand that criminals will not care what your policies are.
    While the Pantops area is a fairly safe no area is truly safe and it is each persons duty to protect themselves. Policies such as yours puts customers and employees at great risk, in my humble opinion.

Please let me know if/when you decide to change your policy to allow lawful firearm carriers inside so we may become customers.
    I will request that organizations that post the names of company's that are anti firearm/anti personal defense add Roses to the don't patronize list. There are thousands of members across the Commonwealth and I would like to let them all know what your position is.

An establishment does not have to be strongly pro self-defense - neutral is more than enough. Honor the laws of the state in which you are located - if their conduct is legal, don't penalize the citizens behaving responsibly.
    Other company's such as Wal-Mart, Dick's, Starbucks and Target just to name a few have chosen to stay neutral.

Thank You
    M

Sent today to:
    Roses 400 Pantops Center
    Pantops Shopping Center
    Charlottesville, VA 22911

www.vwstores.com
    Last edited by Marco; 07-02-2012 at 12:55 AM.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Quote Originally Posted by Agent19 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. My wife had wanted to stop by there, oh well that's not going to happen now.

Dear Managers/Owners,

A friend on mine noticed your Pantops store was posted with a no firearms allowed sign.

I take my right to personal protection very seriously. My wife and I are fairly new to the area and are law abiding citizens who up until this today had planned on visiting your store. However, we refuse to spend our hard earned money patronizing any establishment that denies our rights and personal choice to carry a firearm.
    When a business actively forbids the lawful from carrying firearms they are telling criminals they are welcomed inside and that they'll meet no resistant's from customers inside, entering and or leaving as well as employees of said store.

I am sure that you can understand that criminals will not care what your policies are.
    While the Pantops area is a fairly safe no area is truly safe and it is each persons duty to protect themselves. Policies such as yours puts customers and employees at great risk, in my humble opinion.

Please let me know if/when you decide to change your policy to allow lawful firearm carriers inside so we may become customers.
    I will request that organizations that post the names of company's that are anti firearm/anti personal defense add Roses to the don't patronize list. There are thousands of members across the Commonwealth and I would like to let them all know what your position is.

An establishment does not have to be strongly pro self-defense - neutral is more than enough. Honor the laws of the state in which you are located - if their conduct is legal, don't penalize the citizens behaving responsibly.
    Other company's such as Wal-Mart, Dick's, Starbucks and Target just to name a few have chosen to stay neutral.

Thank You
    M

Sent today to:
    Roses 400 Pantops Center
    Pantops Shopping Center

www.vwstores.com
    well said sir!!! You're welcome I was about to walk in with my wife and I noticed the dreaded sign; and told my wife we're not going to give our money to a store that dosent allow us to support our rights!
    Last edited by raven81686; 07-02-2012 at 12:19 PM.

Thumbs down That's a Sad Commentary

Because twenty years ago you used to be able to walk into Rose's and pick through CRATES of surplus M1s for around $100.

<smh>
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

and that they'll meet no resistant's from customers
    Change that to resistance and you've got it nailed.

Mon, 1 Oct 2012 15:45:40 -0400

Thank you for your email. I have forwarded the email to our Executive Vice President of Stores. Your comments have been valuable in making a decision to remove the signage. It will take further action still to remove all signage from all stores and to rewrite policy, but the first step has been made to do so.

Betty Seate
    Director of Training and Operations Administration
    bseate@vwstores.com

I thought this was a dead issue as I hadn't heard from them since my first email.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Very Nice! I personally thought these kinds of things never worked, but I stand corrected.
    ...To make my bullets go faster!

Thanks for the information. I have added them to my don't patronize list

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I thought this was a dead issue as I hadn't heard from them since my first email.
    Thank you.

That's awesome.

Marco,

Well said! Another win for Team 2A! Thanks for your efforts.
    Last edited by Arma1911; 10-01-2012 at 05:48 PM.

Rose's on Pantops Mnt is not carry firendly

Now we'll just have to see if they actually follow through...
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Esanders2008 View Post
    Very Nice! I personally thought these kinds of things never worked, but I stand corrected.
    Quote Originally Posted by acfreddie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMark View Post
    Thank you.

That's awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arma1911 View Post
    Marco,

Well said! Another win for Team 2A! Thanks for your efforts.
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Now we'll just have to see if they actually follow through...
    Fantastic job - the result of one well written, well thought out letter. Thanks Marco.

Yes we need to follow through, but the response is great.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Mon, 1 Oct 2012 15:45:40 -0400

Thank you for your email. I have forwarded the email to our Executive Vice President of Stores. Your comments have been valuable in making a decision to remove the signage. It will take further action still to remove all signage from all stores and to rewrite policy, but the first step has been made to do so.

Betty Seate
    Director of Training and Operations Administration
    bseate@vwstores.com
    Quote Originally Posted by acfreddie View Post
    Freddie, check the reply Marco posted that he'd received, they read his email and decided he made a valid argument and now claim to be in the process of removing the signs

I liked your letter but modified it a small amount, and tried to make it so with a couple of minor name changes it could be used for other stores/businesses.
    -------------------------------------------------

Roses
    400 Pantops Center
    Pantops Shopping Center
    (434) 296-0707
    www.vwstores.com

Dear Managers/Owners,

I write because a friend of mine noticed your Pantops store was posted with a no firearms allowed sign.

I am sure that you can understand that criminals will not care what your policies are. While the Pantops area is a usually safe, no area is truly safe from criminal activity, and it is each persons duty to protect themselves. Policies, such as yours, put customers and employees at grave risk. When a business actively forbids law abiding customers from carrying firearms, they are telling criminals they are welcome inside and that they'll meet no resistance too unlawful activities from customers or employees.

I will request that organizations that post the names of companies that are anti-firearm and anti-personal defense, add Roses to the do NOT patronize list.

An establishment does not have to be strongly pro self-defense; it is sufficient that a business remain neutral. A business should honor the laws of the state in which they are located. If a citizen’s conduct is legal then a business should not penalize responsible behavior. Other companies, such as: Wal-Mart, Dick's, Starbucks and Target (just to name a few) have chosen to stay neutral.

Please let me know if you decide to change your policy to allow law-abiding lawful firearm carriers inside so we may become paying customers. There are thousands of pro self-protection members across the Commonwealth and I would like to keep them updated as to what your position is.

Sincerely,
    Last edited by nuc65; 10-02-2012 at 08:59 AM.
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

excerpt By Marko Kloos (http://munchkinwrangler.wordpress.com/?s=major+caudill)

Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    Freddie, check the reply Marco posted that he'd received, they read his email and decided he made a valid argument and now claim to be in the process of removing the signs
    Will be making periodical checks to the thread to see if they end up making the change and if they do will remove them from my no go list

My letter went out in July and all typo's/ etc were checked and corrected before it was sent, the Reply letter from Corporate was just received yesterday Oct 1, 2012.

I will check the Rose's on Pan tops this weekend as this establishment started the ball rolling.

Anyone else who desires to send a letter IMHO it should be a thank you letter that refers to their recent decsion to change their policy regarding the lawful carry of firearms.

From the letter the Corp policy makers clearly seem to be listening, I would imagine it would take a bit of time to get everyone to toe the line.
    Last edited by Marco; 10-02-2012 at 10:56 AM.

~Alan Korwin

OUTSTANDING!

This is the way to make businesses sit and take note, especially in this economy.

Well Done!
    Last edited by FTG-05; 10-02-2012 at 01:53 PM.